Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy, I hope I can drink all the nasty stuff I need to without getting so nauseous this time. Maybe drinking it slower, over a longer period of time will work. I guess you can add lemon flavored, sugar free Crystal Light to it, but with an anal fissure, anything acidic like lemon will burn like crazy. And I usually get dizzy and have a bad headache from nutrasweet. So what can I add to make it taste better? (The nurse didn't know.) Don't you just hate this????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Didn't know I was creating a new topic. Sorry. I'm talking about the colonoscopy prep--the gallon of vile tasting stuff you have to drink...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't know I was creating a new topic. Sorry. I'm talking about the colonoscopy prep--the gallon of vile tasting stuff you have to drink...

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
When I had to drink the nasty stuff, I got the cherry flavored one. Actually mine was called Nulytle, but the same stuff as Golytle. It was still nasty, though. When my sister had her colonoscopy, she got the plain kind and added a little cranberry juice to it and said it wasn't too bad, but be sure to ask your doctor first. I don't envy you going through this with an anal fissure (OUCH
Hang in there it will soon be over.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
When I had to drink the nasty stuff, I got the cherry flavored one. Actually mine was called Nulytle, but the same stuff as Golytle. It was still nasty, though. When my sister had her colonoscopy, she got the plain kind and added a little cranberry juice to it and said it wasn't too bad, but be sure to ask your doctor first. I don't envy you going through this with an anal fissure (OUCH
Hang in there it will soon be over.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.