Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my psychiatrist appointment and it went well. He prescribed Klonopin (which I have been on before) for another issue I have called sleep myoclonus where my upper body jerks when I try to go to sleep. He also prescribed amitriptyline at a low dose for the IBS.The good news is not only have my jerks decreased and that I'm finally getting a deep sleep for the first time in a long time, but my IBS has subsided. It's only been a week but the way the IBS has been so consistent in the mornings, I definitely feel a difference.I may not even have to start on the amitriptyline. We'll see. I know Klonopin is very physically addicting as I have been on it in the past and had an awful time stopping it (I wanted to be free of meds).But, if it reduces both the myoclonus AND the IBS, I'm inclined to stick with it for the time being while continuing with all the things we do: exercise, meditation, Mike's tapes, diet, etc. Once again, I'm so indebted to this site for the info and support I receive. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Tom, I hope this doesn't come unwelcomed but my mom was given Klonapin for pain and the addiciton that ensued was incredible. She is an addictive type so.. bear that in mind! Everyone is different but my note is simply to say be careful. Sounds like you are completely aware of its power! So enticing when it cures everything! Especially if you cannot sleep. So far my doc has not even prescribed anything for me yet.. well, I did ask for Prozac but still haven't taken it. I'm sort of afraid to. I keep hearing about Mikes tapes. Seems folks are recommending them. Its weird though how that can work if its not part psychological. Ok completely new so I don't have all the facts and ins and outs!Jenona

·
Registered
53 Posts
John-O, thanks for the advice on prozac.. I still haven't taken it. It seems to me that right now taking anything will interfere with me being properly diagnosed so I'm staying away! Thanks for the advice I will certainly heed it!!Jen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.