Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.My name is Phil, and one month ago I was diagnosed with IBS. I predominantly suffer from the IBS-D variety. The doctors believe I have a faily mild form of IBS as I only seem to suffer approximately once every 5-6 days with toilet problems. Anyway, this has been a common thing for me for about a year and a half. At the time I was dealing with thyroid issues and presumed these were symptoms of that. When my thyroid was completely sorted, these symptoms didn't go away and I had the usual tests to rule out any other conditions.So one month ago, I was told I had IBS and that I should try to find out what my triggers were. Rather than taking out one thing at a time, I decided to live on a fairly boring diet for a while until I could control my symptoms and then add foods back in one at a time to find out if they triggered me. Initially, I took dairy away from my diet but surely enough within two days, I had an attack. This made me slightly down, but I tried something else and it appears to have completely worked.I decided to cut out wheat complete from my diet and see if that worked. It has now been 26 days since I had any sort of attack. I am not suffering from bloating, pain, gas, or any other symptoms. I feel like I'ev got my life back. I'm not taking immodium, or fiber supplements.The only thing I am taking is Calcium Carbonate (WITHOUT the magnesium) and I take one tablet per meal. I'm not sure if this is helping anymore than taking the wheat out has, but it's certinaly not doing any harm.I now how a normal bowel movement once every morning and I feel brilliant.I know this may not work for everyone, but I simply thought if I shared this and it helped one person it would be worth doing.Good luck everyone.Phil.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hello everyone.My name is Phil, and one month ago I was diagnosed with IBS. I predominantly suffer from the IBS-D variety. The doctors believe I have a faily mild form of IBS as I only seem to suffer approximately once every 5-6 days with toilet problems. Anyway, this has been a common thing for me for about a year and a half. At the time I was dealing with thyroid issues and presumed these were symptoms of that. When my thyroid was completely sorted, these symptoms didn't go away and I had the usual tests to rule out any other conditions.So one month ago, I was told I had IBS and that I should try to find out what my triggers were. Rather than taking out one thing at a time, I decided to live on a fairly boring diet for a while until I could control my symptoms and then add foods back in one at a time to find out if they triggered me. Initially, I took dairy away from my diet but surely enough within two days, I had an attack. This made me slightly down, but I tried something else and it appears to have completely worked.I decided to cut out wheat complete from my diet and see if that worked. It has now been 26 days since I had any sort of attack. I am not suffering from bloating, pain, gas, or any other symptoms. I feel like I'ev got my life back. I'm not taking immodium, or fiber supplements.The only thing I am taking is Calcium Carbonate (WITHOUT the magnesium) and I take one tablet per meal. I'm not sure if this is helping anymore than taking the wheat out has, but it's certinaly not doing any harm.I now how a normal bowel movement once every morning and I feel brilliant.I know this may not work for everyone, but I simply thought if I shared this and it helped one person it would be worth doing.Good luck everyone.Phil.
When did you start taking the calcium?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been tested for gluten intolerance and it came back negative.I have a feeling that wheat is the main trigger for my symptoms.Since I took it out, I've not been bloated once and have completely normal bowel movements.What works for one may not work for another, but I thought it would be worth posting on here incase anyone hasn't tried taking wheat away from their diet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.