Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea if dropping hormones during menopause can have any affect on IBS? I am having bad flare up of IBS-D. Doc says estogen level dropping...probably beginning of menopause. I'm 44. Guess its possible. Any thoughts anybody?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been suffering with IBS for over 5 years now.And each month my symptoms really flare up at PMS time.In my opinion,I think,with females,hormones do play a part in the severity of symptoms.I will be 43 in December.So I guess I am approaching that menopause,estrogen dropping stage also..Wouldnt it be great if after menopause the symptoms disappeared?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been suffering with IBS for over 5 years now.And each month my symptoms really flare up at PMS time.In my opinion,I think,with females,hormones do play a part in the severity of symptoms.I will be 43 in December.So I guess I am approaching that menopause,estrogen dropping stage also..Wouldnt it be great if after menopause the symptoms disappeared?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I am post meno and didn't have IBS before meno. last hormone test I had estrogen was low and testosterone high which it wasn't before IBS. don't know if that means anything or what to do about it if anything. Joann

·
Registered
544 Posts
I am post meno and didn't have IBS before meno. last hormone test I had estrogen was low and testosterone high which it wasn't before IBS. don't know if that means anything or what to do about it if anything. Joann

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Shorter periods could also be indicative of a thyroid problem. I also thought that I might be experiencing perimenopause at age 39, but mine turned out to be hyperthyroidism...which also turned out to be the source of my IBS-D.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Shorter periods could also be indicative of a thyroid problem. I also thought that I might be experiencing perimenopause at age 39, but mine turned out to be hyperthyroidism...which also turned out to be the source of my IBS-D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.