Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few days, after my morning "poo" have had horrible dull, period like aches after passing the stool/s - this has happened before so not unduly concerned, but the web sites always go on about pain before passing poo, not after, Anyone relate?Sue

·
Registered
120 Posts
SuevI can definitely relate. Sometimes I can be completely wiped out or doubled up in pain after having a motion. The pains can last anything up to four or five hours afterwards. I find sleep is the best cure, but that isnt usually possible!

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is me. I get very mild gas pains before I go, but after I go is THE WORST. Definitely feels like menstrual cramps... to the point that I'm convinced its my period.Now I'm used to it... I know that if I go (regardless if it is D, C or normal - I have period pains afterwards). Oh well. The Donnatol doesn't help those at all either... I just have to wait it out. Sometimes a 2nd or 3rd movement will make it feel better, sometimes it takes a couple hours to wear off... My new thing is two tablespoons of liquid immodium when I get up. then I chug a huge glass of water and try to empty my bowles for the day... After a few hours everything settles down and I can eat. (around 9:30 / 10:00 am) Then I'm fine (as far as fine can go - still have random gut and side pains and gas and gurgling) until the next day. Then I go again... this pattern has been working for a little while... Although the poo can be anywhere from hard rocks to watery D.. (that has no pattern).Roo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh bless - nice to know not alone - hope you are better Jools - how are your headaches? Better I hope.Off to watch some old tripe on the TVSue

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know and today in Manchester, was supposed to be the hottest on record - HA, had a whole day trip sorted out with a mate, bliss and its PISSING down, my husband has broken Jack (son) computer, so it smells like a charnel house in here and all kids driving me and each other NUTS. In desperate rented out a nice DVD - Alexander to be told (grumpily) - "oh yeah Dad and I saw that at the w/e" - peed off or WHAT!! Sorry, mid-summer holiday blues. Shouldn't moan should I but nice to vent here.Take care everyoneSue

·
Registered
268 Posts
I can definitely relate. Generally speaking, my IBS pains almost ALWAYS kick in AFTER a BM. It sucks, cuz then I feel like trying to have another BM to alleviate that pain, but then I can't go. Then I feel "unemptied."

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ughhh... Yes. The unemptied feeling... that's the story of my life... The best I felt was after I finished my colonoscopy prep and I had nothing in me.... It was GREAT for a day. I hate the unemptied feeling... It's like, "Do I go, or do I try *not* to go, or what???

·
Registered
268 Posts
Another aspect of this for me is:With IBS, I'm totally anxious about being out in public and suddenly having an attack. So...before I go anywhere, I always try to have a BM before I leave. (Thinking that if I empty before I leave, then I'll be less likely to have an attack while I'm out.) The problem is, after I do have a BM, I get the pains and cramping. Then I don't want to leave the house because now that I'm cramping, I'm sure I'll have an attack. Sometimes, the cramping goes away after a couple hours. Sometimes, it doesn't and I end up having to have another BM to try to releive it. Nonetheless, it's a vicious cycle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
h8ibs - you poor thing - god can I relate, its awful - sort of dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. I've had really sort of clayish sticky stools for the last coupla days which lurk around and won't evacuate properly - have had these before, eventually, horrified to say, have to resort to prizing them out with loo roll and then use practically the rest of the loo trying to clean myself up - how sordid!!Off to sort out tea.Have a jolly evening everyoneSue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.