Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to this board but not IBS which I have had for around 15 years.I finally thought I was getting somewhere recently when the doctors began taking me seriously and sent me for numerous test, as mentioned by other members they all came back fine, so it was determined the cause must be in my head! I feel so fed up as it really does affect me everyday, I often struggle to get to work in a morning and my last boyfriend broke up with me awhile back because i wouldnt sleep overnight at his house (My IBS is worse in the mornings and I didnt want it to happen at his house, especially as it was a shared bathroom with three other housemates) I also dread any social event or long travel plans. Does anyone feel like their lives revolve around Ibs.
. I have tried every tablet given to me and now the only help I got from the hospital was a discharge form.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi im new to this board but not IBS which I have had for around 15 years.I finally thought I was getting somewhere recently when the doctors began taking me seriously and sent me for numerous test, as mentioned by other members they all came back fine, so it was determined the cause must be in my head! I feel so fed up as it really does affect me everyday, I often struggle to get to work in a morning and my last boyfriend broke up with me awhile back because i wouldnt sleep overnight at his house (My IBS is worse in the mornings and I didnt want it to happen at his house, especially as it was a shared bathroom with three other housemates) I also dread any social event or long travel plans. Does anyone feel like their lives revolve around Ibs.
. I have tried every tablet given to me and now the only help I got from the hospital was a discharge form.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Nic! I am new here to. I have not been diagnosed with IBD, but something is terribly wrong. I am able to pinpoint the exact month and year I got sick....I had bad food at a "family" members home and I have never been well ever since. Terrible suffering. I was admitted to the hospital last night, but had to leave because I have a young daughter at home and have to worry about her. Very frustrating to say the least because I always had hope that I would get better...in fact I did, but every so often I was back to being ill again and when I say ill I mean ill, but then there are the months with no problems whatsoever and then the mean problem rears its head so suddenly and without warning. when the problem appears I have what is probably life-threatening symptoms...according to the doctors. I am "single" although separated and will be divorced and have a young daughter to worry about. I really want to start a new life and meet someone new (no matter how impossible it seems), but now I have a new problem to worry about...how will anyone accept me with such recurring health issues? My health issues pop up anytime of the day maybe a couple of times of day and sometimes much more than that...but then there are months (5 months this pass time) of absolutely normal days...normal stools and then it just suddenly changes and I am back to the bathroom frequently...I won't get to descriptive here. I really feel bad that you are not able to experience what one would call a "normal" courtship. Everyone wants spend the night and wake up with their other half, but given your situation I believe you are making a wise choice by leaving. I would feel uncomfortable sharing my discomfort with other people, so I guess you have to look at the bright side of things. At least you have someone to share and spend the night with. I have been abstinent *is that how that is spelled?* since my daughter was born. I developed instetinal problems two years after her birth. I don't want to meet someone just for the sake of meeting someone and now I realize that even if I wanted to meet someone would they really put up with all of this? I find myself thinking of all the great things that I have experienced in life quite often. I am so grateful for all the good times because they truly make a difference. I can't believe how all the good times have helped and continue to help me get through. All the good times far surpass the bad times
. My suggestion is that you make the best out of your situation and perhaps find a way to share a full day/evening with your significant other without leaving....find a place where you can do that once and a while. If your significant other needs you to stay, then find a way...once and a while...how about your apt? What about a hotel or a friends home? I really feel bad for you, but you shouldn't lose hope and try to work things out. Your friend from the other side of the big pond

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you NYCGIRL you comments and understanding mean a lot.I share a few of the same symptoms, I can go weeks with nothing then have really bad weeks out of the blue, yours sound really serious, I dont know how you cope with a young child too. Are they doing any more tests for you and have they given you any meds yet?I am struggling at the minute to find a relationship, especially as the last month my IBS has been really bad and I havent felt well enough, I went to my GP today and I am now on my fourth set of tablets
You are right about thinking positively I have 3 wonderful nieces and a nephew that I adore to pieces and my family are understanding about my condition which helps (if only we could afford an extra bathroom, that would help to
)I really hope you get the help you need, keep me updated I would like to hear how you are getting on and it feels nice to share with someone who is going through the same.Nic. XxX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.