Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was nauseas all day and felt like I was on the verge of throwing up (even though I had pooed that day). Spicy food makes my stomach feel better usually, so I had hot salsa with dinner and felt fine. I wasn't quite feeling 100% this afternoon, so I had the same thing for lunch as I had with dinner yesterday and felt okay until I went out with my friends. It's been quite hot here and we walked around the zoo for nearly two hours. My stomach hurt far worse than it did last night. After cooling down inside and a little 7UP, I'm feeling pretty good again. Does anyone else have heat-triggered pain? What do you do to remedy it, shy of locking myself in my room with an air conditioner?

· Registered
33,934 Posts
One thing is to make sure you stay hydrated all the time. Dehydration alone could be causing this.One way to stay cool when it is hot outside is to take a bandana and make it damp and wear it tied around your neck. Periodically rewet and if you can with cold water so much the better.Do you take antispasmodics or any other drug that has anticholinergic side effects (like a tricyclic antidepressant) they can make you sweat less so be more prone to overheating.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.