Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS for years. Was IBS-D for a long time. Then about 3 years ago went IBS-C. My problem is I have tons of PENT up gas that I cannot get out. I have stomach pain all the time. Sometimes to the point of naseau. Anyone else have this and if so, what do you do for it?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:My problem is I have tons of PENT up gas that I cannot get out.
Well, then, how do you know you have any gas?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I have constant gas pain that lessens somewhat when I am able to pass a small amount of gas. But to do this I have to go through a number of body contortions. But the pain is always there.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:Because I have constant gas pain that lessens somewhat when I am able to pass a small amount of gas.
It appears to be the case the normal amount of gas doesn't move through as efficiently in IBSers as it does in healthy people and they are much more sensitive to the presence of gas (perceived as being painful), so I think it is unlikely that you have any abnormal amount of gas (even though it may not being moving through efficiently). What you are describing sounds exactly like IBS.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,gas that tends to take very long time is produced in the small intestine or in the early large intestine. Let a gastroenterologist check you for lactoseintolerance, dietary fructoseintolerance or small intestine bacterial overgrowth syndrome. also for pancreas insufficience if non of the other tests are positive.You have either too much gas or a too sensitive intestine.Flux, how can you know which of both without having seen him?Roland

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:gas that tends to take very long time is produced in the small intestine or in the early large intestine.
This makes no sense. Most gas is produced in "late" large intestine and it's produced very fast. How long it takes to exit is a function of the motility.
quote:Let a gastroenterologist check you for lactoseintolerance, dietary fructoseintolerance or small intestine bacterial overgrowth syndrome. also for pancreas insufficience if non of the other tests are positive.
But problem being described sounds like IBS.
quote:You have either too much gas or a too sensitive intestine.Flux, how can you know which of both without having seen him?
Because 1) almost nobody has too much gas.2) the person's description is clearly not consistent with too much.3) having a sensitive intestine is common.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Recent studies showed that if you put the exact same amount of gas in a normal people's colons and an IBSers colons the IBSers have symptoms and problems and the normal control people do not.I know the common vernacular is if there is pain it is a gas pain, but it seems the colon would be in pain anyway, normal levels of gas may set it off, but other things set off the pain that are not gas as well.K.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:I think people know whether or not they have gas pain.
Most people don't seem to know.
quote:I think it’s fair to assume that gas pain is from gas.
Logic?
quote:Gas pain is from holding the gas in
No, it's from IBS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.