Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to take my daughter for her driver's test tomorrow morning. Mornings are my bad time - sometimes really bad time. We have to be there by 8:50 a.m., and it's a half hour drive. How can I get here there without having an accident, and without making her nervous by wondering if I'm going to make it there or not??I'm IBS-D.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i would say LOTS of immodium. would getting up extra early help? does she have to have an appointment?? i didnt when i had mine, but that's been awhile
we just went in whenever.. maybe start out a little early to get there, so that if you have to make a stop, the time is alotted for it!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, she needs an appointment. I posted on the Meeting Place the whole story, but basically she's already failed twice, and is getting in again early because of a sympathetic head examiner. She was failed for ridiculous reasons. I'm thinking of starting the Imodium tonight, and continuing in the morning if I have to.

·
Registered
122 Posts
when i feel an attack coming on, i typically take lomotil. lomotil works wonders!!! its like the best for me. i havent tried immodium and i dont kjnow how well that stuff works, but lomotil is definitely strong. it calms me down when i take it. you should try it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Between last night and this morning I took six Imodium, and made it fine, and she passed!! So the pressure's off. Now I won't "go" for a couple days, but a little constipation is welcome now and then for me.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
glad to hear she passed! and that you made it just fine. I know exactly what you mean though with loading up on immodium and then being a bit C for a couple of days. sometimes you just gotta get through the situation at hand

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.