Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Do a bit of research about enema. I remember reading that it can be dangerous if done incorrectly and if done too often. Ask a doctor.

Why do you need instant relief ? Why can't you wait for some laxative to do the job overnight ? (Use laxatives with great care though)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Enemas if given improperly or too often can actually create constipation.

Do you usually go in the morning? After first waking up and brushing your teeth, have a cup of hot water to stimulate the bowel. You can rub your belly in clockwise circles with warm coconut or sesame oil. Then breathe slowly and deeply into your belly 10 times to stimulate the blood flow to that region. This will all help to move the bowel in the morning.

If you've already gone once that day, you can't really force a second bowel!

·
Registered
19 Posts
most people would recommend an enema however those never work for me. I would recommend a saline suppository, it only takes 15 minutes for them to work and the good thing is that they are just oil so you can even use 2 at a time if need be. When i was extremely constipated this is partly how my dr. got me to go. They are easy to insert and also since they are only oil they will lubricate your bm as it comes out which makes it easier to go as well.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If I have a place that Im going to. Its better when I am able to have a big poop before then I feel relief and dont have to worry about my stomach so much.. Any suggestions?
On your profile, please fill in any supplement info to help us give better suggestions;Don't know what you're already taking.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Do a bit of research about enema. I remember reading that it can be dangerous if done incorrectly and if done too often. Ask a doctor.

Why do you need instant relief ? Why can't you wait for some laxative to do the job overnight ? (Use laxatives with great care though)
Regular laxatives do nothing but draw water into the colon, and weakens the muscles of the colon like habitually using enemas. Soluble fiber (so-called laxative too) paradoxically can be used for diarrhea or constipation-REGULATING."All soluble only fiber" methylcellulose in Citrucel or generic Equate (Walmart) caplets are very convenient and have gotten great reviews on Amazon;Company says should not create gas;Its not fermentable;My doctor said using it is fine for my IBS-D ongoingly. No sugar or artificial sugar like the powder. Fiber is also very important for diabetes or hypoglycemia preventing blood sugar swings and in helping preventing colon cancer as well. I'm presently using methylcellulose soluble fiber in my ibs regimen 1g (2 caplets) 6X/day with 1/2C water before each small slowly eaten meal and then at nite. Later on after building up good bacteria (enteric coated probiotics-non-dairy preferrably);also slowly build up pure natural all soluble acacia fiber powder-low fermenting "prEbiotic that can feed" your good bifido bacteria further in the colon (not like highly gassy inulin/chicory or FOS). It can add soluble fiber to highly insoluble ratio foods or recipes;It doesn't stimulate and spasm the colon either like insoluble fiber supplements or highly insoluble foods. It regulates, filling the colon weighting food through like methylcellulose. You want to encourage well formed stools. No doctor ever told me any of this;Go to http://helpforibs.com for info on how and what to eat which is just as important. IBS started very occasionally and just mildly painful when I was in college and got extremely worse and then caused upper GI track horrible heartburn as well. Your body is telling you something is wrong. None of the information I just gave for free was ever suggested to me by any doctor over the last 30 years! NO quick fixes for IBS;You PREVENT IBS. This is also posted in general discussion forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.