Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,This is my first time posting to the board. I have had IBS for about 15 years. The bottom line is this:For the first 5 years, it was the MAJOR CONSTIPATION/HEAD POUNDING/I'M GOING TO DIE...THING. Then it would all come flying out and everything would be fine. (and I stayed the same weight I had always been)But over the last 10 years, there is no such thing as constipation. I wish I was constipated. I wish I could stay away from the bathroom for more than an hour(sometimes more like 10 minutes!) And I have gained 50 pounds. I don't get it. Anybody have a clue?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i don't have any help to offer but if you figure it out PLEASE tell me!
My problem is completly backwards i can't gain any weight and can't stop loosing it either
i'm down to 91 lbs (NOT GOOD) i wish we could trade places

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI! I'm with you, TB. I've had this stuff for over 40 years and the only time it was even slightly under control was the 8 or 10 years I was on a STRICT Weight Watchers program. As soon as I started eating like a normal person again the D and the weight came back. (Over 50 lbs.!) I am at a level weight now, but still don't understand how I stay overweight when nothing (especially fats!) stay in my system for more than 12 hours max. I haven't eaten fast foods for years without being within sprinting distance of a bathroom. So I have a feeling that when someone figures this out it will have something to do with how we matabolize food.[This message has been edited by odeal (edited 02-24-99).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.