Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am "new" to this forum, and I must say, that I think it is great to be able to chat with others that share some of the same issues that I have. I have IBS-D for 9 years, and I have tried all the medications possible, and I would still have "accidents". Then after my fourth accident, my Doctor suggested that I try adult diapers. I am a petite 27 y.o. woman and at first I was absolutely horrified at the thought, but he gave me some diaper samples, and some information, and I went home and read everything and realized that it was not an option, either get used to having embarrassing accidents, or get use to wearing "protection". It took about a month to really get used to going out in public thinking that everybody knew what I was wearing, but that quickly went away. I have lived a very normal life, and I do everything that I used to, except I no longer worry about sudden attacks of uncontrollable diarrhea. I sometimes have sudden bowel leakage especially after I eat, or partial bowel voiding with no warning while I would sleep. Here is what I found really helps. Always wear a brief (Diaper) that has fecal barriers (Very Important!) The Depends are the best, because they are very thin. The bottom line is that IBS is no fun, and it really is difficult to leave home worried that you might have another accident. It is very easy to deal with changing your protection versus soiling your clothes for all to see. There are pills that I take that eliminates about 90% of the odor (Nullo). Feel free to email me and ask me questions.Bye

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.