Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
I am not sure people in Western society need to be concerned with iron consumption anymore. It seems everything in the supermarket is fortified with iron. In fact, too many people take in too much iron/or their body stores it too easily. It's called hemochromatosis (I think). Anyway, don't take an iron supplement or a multivitamin with iron either, unless your doc says you have an iron deficiency. For more info, go to Dr. Andrew Weil's website at www.drweil.com for more info on iron and the foods that contain it.

· Registered
112 Posts
I am not sure people in Western society need to be concerned with iron consumption anymore. It seems everything in the supermarket is fortified with iron. In fact, too many people take in too much iron/or their body stores it too easily. It's called hemochromatosis (I think). Anyway, don't take an iron supplement or a multivitamin with iron either, unless your doc says you have an iron deficiency. For more info, go to Dr. Andrew Weil's website at www.drweil.com for more info on iron and the foods that contain it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.