Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Functional Nutrition Gut Health Coach
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to start a conversation about how your IBS medical care is going for you...

Are you happy with your doctor's assessment and care? Are you unhappy? Why or why not?

If you are unhappy with your IBS care, what would make it better for you as a patient?

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm curious to start a conversation about how your IBS medical care is going for you...

Are you happy with your doctor's assessment and care? Are you unhappy? Why or why not?

If you are unhappy with your IBS care, what would make it better for you as a patient?

I've been extremely unhappy with my doctor's care. One thing that really bother me was when I went in for a colonoscopy, they seemed to be rushing through the preop, i asked how many people my doctor was seeing that day and they said he had 19 procedures schedule that MORNING! yes 19 between 7am and noontime, i was appalled. The nurse came into my "space" and called me by the wrong name. My gastro then had followed up with me and never even touched me, just said everything looked fine and to take Metamucil and probiotics, i ended up with diverticulitis within the next month.

I'm now experiencing another flare up and cannot get in to see my gastro because they are really shorthanded, I've just made an appointment with a new doctor in a new office. What would make me happier is some explanation and guidance from my doctor.

· Functional Nutrition Gut Health Coach
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would make me happier is some explanation and guidance from my doctor.
Wow, I can totally understand. Our guts are so important, but no one takes the time to educate us about it. I regularly hear from my clients that just getting appointments is hard, let alone getting the support they need 😔

· Registered
9 Posts
I'm quite happy with my doctor now, he talks to me probably daily and gives me lots of tips and recommendations. The previous doctor was absolutely different. Now my doctor is very competent and takes his work seriously. He calls and asks how I feel, and sends me articles and books that I should read to understand my illness and problem. He even deals with my medical insurance himself, makes sure that it covers the necessary medicines, etc., as he told me himself, they (all doctors and hospitals in general) are helped by Revenue Cycle Management Company in Texas that stores all the data and controls the activity of medical insurance and other things so that everything works smoothly. It's wonderful that we have such a developed medicine and healthcare in general.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts