Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I eat things I am not suppose to, I suffer for a couple of days, if not, a week. I try to get back on the right track, but when I am not feeling well, I want to eat more of the stuff I am not suppose to to soothe me. It's a vicious cycle.Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Beach,Argh, isn't it awful. I had an attack late Saturday afternoon, and didn't get out of bed all day Sunday. I couldn't get the energy to move
I think rest is the best answer. Take care of yourself first!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Beach,Argh, isn't it awful. I had an attack late Saturday afternoon, and didn't get out of bed all day Sunday. I couldn't get the energy to move
I think rest is the best answer. Take care of yourself first!

·
Registered
506 Posts
If takiing extra magnesium for a couple of days doesn't work then typically I'll take a mild laxative to get back on track (sennakot). Otherwise I get very cranky and my tummy feels progressively worse.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If takiing extra magnesium for a couple of days doesn't work then typically I'll take a mild laxative to get back on track (sennakot). Otherwise I get very cranky and my tummy feels progressively worse.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I also take more magnesium and try to drink even more water! If it gets really bad, then an enema, but that only happened once. Usually I just tough it out as I know things will eventually settle.But I sure know what you mean - my comfort foods are plain pasta (my hubby thinks I'm nuts when I eat it plain!) and bread. Not good for that bloating and gas pain!Ty

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I also take more magnesium and try to drink even more water! If it gets really bad, then an enema, but that only happened once. Usually I just tough it out as I know things will eventually settle.But I sure know what you mean - my comfort foods are plain pasta (my hubby thinks I'm nuts when I eat it plain!) and bread. Not good for that bloating and gas pain!Ty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.