Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been clogged up all week. I felt it. My stomach gets very heavy.I eat fiber in the morning, coffee, water all day, exercise, yoga and eat right.But, I still get backed up probably from stress.Sometimes I take milk of magnesia before I go to sleep. It helps a little the next day, but I know I still have more in there.It makes me so irritable. I bit off my boyfriends head all week on things that were so stupid. I know a medicine won't come out for awhile. But I'm just curious what you guys do to unclog yourself. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
As long as I take my magnesium every day, I'm okay. But before I took that, on extreme occasions, I bought fleet enemas. Worked well. You could also use glycerin suppositories to get back on track.Ty

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
As long as I take my magnesium every day, I'm okay. But before I took that, on extreme occasions, I bought fleet enemas. Worked well. You could also use glycerin suppositories to get back on track.Ty

·
Registered
287 Posts
My system often unclogs itself by going into hyperactive mode after a few days, and then I go a LOT in one day, with plenty of pain and cramping.When that doesn't happen I take half of a Senecot. I have a problem with any laxative/milk of magnesia in that it works too well and I end up having bad diarreah. A half pill seems to work well for me but you may need a regular full does.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My system often unclogs itself by going into hyperactive mode after a few days, and then I go a LOT in one day, with plenty of pain and cramping.When that doesn't happen I take half of a Senecot. I have a problem with any laxative/milk of magnesia in that it works too well and I end up having bad diarreah. A half pill seems to work well for me but you may need a regular full does.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I was C for almost a week, taking fiber twice a day, then I bought some Uncle Sam cereal. It has whole wheat and flaxseeds.I took fiber and Uncle Sam with rice milk about 2 hours apart, and had D 4 hours later. Luckily I was on my way home when it started! I rarely get D. That was Monday and I'm still a little loose. I've been eating Uncle Sam every morning, and shredded wheat occasionally.I suppose if that hadn't worked I would have had some dairy - I'm LI and it always makes me cramp and go.
BTW, the only cereals in the grocery store that don't contain sugar, fruit, soy, or dairy are Uncle Sam and Shredded Wheat. (I'm allergic to soy)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I was C for almost a week, taking fiber twice a day, then I bought some Uncle Sam cereal. It has whole wheat and flaxseeds.I took fiber and Uncle Sam with rice milk about 2 hours apart, and had D 4 hours later. Luckily I was on my way home when it started! I rarely get D. That was Monday and I'm still a little loose. I've been eating Uncle Sam every morning, and shredded wheat occasionally.I suppose if that hadn't worked I would have had some dairy - I'm LI and it always makes me cramp and go.
BTW, the only cereals in the grocery store that don't contain sugar, fruit, soy, or dairy are Uncle Sam and Shredded Wheat. (I'm allergic to soy)

·
Registered
446 Posts
At this point in time I use Miralax but you need a script for that. It's a powder you mix with either water or juice and tasteless, none of that thick #### like metamucil. It doesn't cause cramping for me either which is plus. Once apon a time ago when I used to eat solid foods (my gerd is so severe I choke on any solid foods) I would either have raw or saute' spinach everyday. And if I needed a little push I would have apple pie for desert which worked great. I perfered to eat the fiber a little in the morning but mostly at night.

·
Registered
446 Posts
At this point in time I use Miralax but you need a script for that. It's a powder you mix with either water or juice and tasteless, none of that thick #### like metamucil. It doesn't cause cramping for me either which is plus. Once apon a time ago when I used to eat solid foods (my gerd is so severe I choke on any solid foods) I would either have raw or saute' spinach everyday. And if I needed a little push I would have apple pie for desert which worked great. I perfered to eat the fiber a little in the morning but mostly at night.

G

·
I think you may have nailed the real cause of your C...stress. In addition to any local symptom relief you might seek out, try to do something to attack the cause. Stress management is more than just a catch phrase..it can be a miracle cure..or at the very least it can reduce the frequency of your symptoms and make you a more pleasant gal to live with...

G

·
I think you may have nailed the real cause of your C...stress. In addition to any local symptom relief you might seek out, try to do something to attack the cause. Stress management is more than just a catch phrase..it can be a miracle cure..or at the very least it can reduce the frequency of your symptoms and make you a more pleasant gal to live with...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Beach, I use a product called LIVATONE.It'smade in Australia.But I am sure U could get some sort of liver cleanser from a health food store which would suffice.Also for stress ST Johns Wort works for me.Stay away fromCaffeine in any form,Its not good for the gut-period. Not to mention the anxiety it causes.Have u read the thread on OREGANO OIL?.Try it,It may help u .It definnitely helped me. God Bless You, Stephen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.