Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I'm wondering how other's stop the cramping? For me it takes hours and hours after a bm before the cramping stops. Thanks, LouLou

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wish I knew. I know just how you feel. I cannot understand why you don't feel more relief after a BM. Anyone know?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can completely relate to what you are going through. I have had IBS for 15 years. The best medicine I have found for cramping is Levsin. Ask your doctor to prescribe the type that dissolves under your tongue. 90% of the time by the time the pill has dissolved, my cramping is starting to ease up. There is a new version called NewLev that dissolves even faster but I don't think it works as well. There is also a pill that you can take daily to help prevent cramps. However, I have found that the regular Levsin seems to work best for me. Good luck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I take NuLev, it's a tiny sweet pill you dissolve under your tongue no water needed. It's an antispasmotic. In the beginning it didnt work but after 2-3 pills it worked

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I take Bentyl on a REGULAR basis. (Not just during attacks). This has helped me out so much. I tried getting off of it two months ago and the attacks came back. There are a few side effects (especailly when I first started the drug), but compared to the long nights of pain on the toilet, I will tolerate them!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts