Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read subject, im just curious if D is the worst, or A is the worst, etc.. thanks------------------We need a cure, fast

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Each person that has IBS would probably tell you their type is the worst
. However fortunately it is a functional syndrome & doesn't cause anything else like cancer or Chrohn's Disease. One can experience dehydration in certain cases of severe D. Or one could experience bowel impaction if C is too severe. But those cases are in the minority. The vast majority of us are somewhere between mild & severe cases. But it is all in the bowel of the beholder
BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Each person that has IBS would probably tell you their type is the worst
. However fortunately it is a functional syndrome & doesn't cause anything else like cancer or Chrohn's Disease. One can experience dehydration in certain cases of severe D. Or one could experience bowel impaction if C is too severe. But those cases are in the minority. The vast majority of us are somewhere between mild & severe cases. But it is all in the bowel of the beholder
BQ

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Shambler,Don't discount us C-types. I almost died last year from an IBS-C related problem. Had to have 6 shots of morphine and emergency surgery when I was brought into the ER. Then had follow-up surgery 11 months later. We all suffer. ------------------***Gail

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Shambler,Don't discount us C-types. I almost died last year from an IBS-C related problem. Had to have 6 shots of morphine and emergency surgery when I was brought into the ER. Then had follow-up surgery 11 months later. We all suffer. ------------------***Gail

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The letters refer to symptoms.It isn't a classification like with other diseases where each letter or number refers to a more serious progression of the disease.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The letters refer to symptoms.It isn't a classification like with other diseases where each letter or number refers to a more serious progression of the disease.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
581 Posts
A is for alternating, ©constipation and (D)diarrhea.The letters are just abbreviations for what form of IBS we all have, instead of typing out the whole word. (it's gets tiring trying to remember how to spell diarrhea.) for me, anyhow.

·
Registered
581 Posts
A is for alternating, ©constipation and (D)diarrhea.The letters are just abbreviations for what form of IBS we all have, instead of typing out the whole word. (it's gets tiring trying to remember how to spell diarrhea.) for me, anyhow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.