Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm just wondering how milk helps other members ? I've been told milk isn't good and doesn't help,
But I find it does so I have homemade milkshakes when my stomach is bad to ease it,
But my boyfriends mum made a good point that it might be making it worst later on and just making it feel better at the time ...
So I'm wondering how milk affect yous ? Does it make it better or does it make it worst :)
Thankyou

·
Registered
64 Posts
Milk is quite bad for me. I can have it in really small doses, like butter sometimes, but otherwise I stay away from all dairy. I drink soy milk instead which I hear isn't the greatest either. Not sure why. Rice milk is just as bad for me and I can't stand the taste of almond or coconut milk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kind of IBS do you have ?

Yeah coconut milk is horrible ive tryed that haha !

have you tryed dairy free milk?

:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have IBS-C.

Do you mean lactose free milk? Soy, almond, rice, coconut milks are dairy free.

Lactose free milk is too sweet for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah , I went back on normal milk but my doctor wants me to try the fodmap diet so going to change it all again to see if that's helps :)
Where can you get coconut milk from? I thought you could only get it in currys lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
My body does not make any difference with milk.
I am drinking milk everyday it will help to maintain calcium level in body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whenever I drink milk, it tends to cause a flare up that lasts a few days. I guess my body has a hard time digesting the proteins or something, but I try to avoid milk as much as I can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm the same way. All dairy makes me flare up bad. The one time I have it is when I get a craving but then I keep it limited to one serving. I have no reacation to hard cheese tho which is odd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Milk makes me more gassy. I do try and drink at least one glass of it a day to help maintain calcium a bit in my body. However, I don't like the taste of milk so I add chocolate syrup to it.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think I'm like the OP - I'm ok right after I consume milk...but notice constipation within 2 days or so. I think I just have a delayed reaction. Not sure though...still trying to figure out the diet and what exactly the heart of my issue is....frustrating right? :-(

·
Registered
154 Posts
I use dairy (yogurt) to help me with my constipation issue. Every night I eat activa yogurt, prunes and benefiber. In the morning I have coffee and go to the bathroom everyday. This is the only thing that has helped my IBS-C. I posted in another thread aboutmy concerns for lossing weight and wonder if there is anything else I can do to get regular.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Milk is not my friend.......about 2 hours after I drink milk I get extremely bloated with trapped gas and am in a lot of pain. Yogurt doesn't bother me nor does a bit of cheese. I cannot eat ice cream without getting bloated either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts