Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folksPlease help answer some questions to IBS pain. It would help to get a better overview over your symptoms. 1. What IBS type are you? (IBS-C/IBS-D/IBS-A)2. Where is your pain located?3. How would you describe your pain? (adjectiv)4. Is it better after bowel movment? 5. Is it better after passing gas? 6. Does the pain disappears sometimes? (When?)Greetings Sarmiento

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good Morning to you! My answers go like this:1. IBS-C2. lower abdomen, right above the groin area3. debilitating muscle spasm of the entire intestine4. sometimes5. sometimes6. takes about an hour, but after the spasm moves the entire length of the intestine, the pain will go away for a couple of hours or until I eat, which ever comes first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
GOOD EVENINGMY PAIN STARTS A LITTLE ABOVE THE NAVEL AND GETS MORE AND MORE INTENSE UNTIL I CAN'T EVEN STAND UP STRAIGHT. THIS COULD LAST ANYWHERE FROM 20 MINUTES TO HOURS.IT IS SOMETIMES RELEIVED BY EXPELLING GAS BUT NOT ALL THE TIME. AND SOMETIMES HAVING A BOWEL MOVEMENT DOESN'T EVEN HELP. ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE I HAVE A GOOD DAY BUT NOT VERY OFTEN.I GENERALLY GET OUT THE HEATING PAD. NOT THAT IT GOES AWAY RIGHT AWAY BUT IT GIVES ME SOME KIND OF COMFORT.I USUALLY HAVE RELIEF DURING SLEEP BUT SHORTLEY AFTER I AWAKE I START TO FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE.BLUE JAY

·
Registered
4 Posts
1. IBS-A2. My pain is located all through the intestines, starting above my naval and gurgles its way down to the lower abdomen until I go at least 3-4 times.3. My pain is unreal lately, it has been so bad I have been dry heaving because I feel like I am going to throw up at the same time. It is like menstral cramps times 100000000.4. It does get better after a bowel movement, until the next bout comes on. I usually have about 4-5.5. It does get better sometimes after gas.6. The pain goes away when I am sleeping or after the bowel movements are done.

·
Registered
408 Posts
quote:1. What IBS type are you? (IBS-C/IBS-D/IBS-A)2. Where is your pain located?3. How would you describe your pain? (adjectiv)4. Is it better after bowel movment? 5. Is it better after passing gas? 6. Does the pain disappears sometimes? (When?)
1. Sort of D. Lots of stools but mostly formed [I'm lucky that way, i know]2. Variable location--right lower side, right upper side, occasionally midline, often under left ribs or upper left side. Never where i used to have it when i was normal if i had anythign upset the system--so notably never below the navel, midline. But the pressure thing is upper midline...3. 2 kinds. The variable-location stuff is brief, sharp. Never lasts long. The pressure stuff lasts a long time. Often it's a big bubble upper midline or under the left ribs. Very uncomfortable.4, 5. It's uncertain if either kind disappears after gas or bm--if it does, it more kind of tapers off over time. it doesn't disappear fast.6. The variable pain is only briefly there anyway. The pressure pain does disappear maybe over the course of a day.I suspect i'm an odd case...

·
Registered
8 Posts
My symptoms are a little like yours...1. IBS-C2. All throughout the lower abdomen, with shifting from right to left.3. Like a snake is slowly constricting me.4. Not really5. Briefly, (a few seconds)6. When I sleep as well, but I can forget about it when I am around friends or doing something that takes up all my attention.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hi Sarmiento
1.IBS/A2.Below my belly button,all around my pelvic area, sometimes right but most times left side.Also lower back pain.3.Sharp stabbing pain in left sideand cramp, like im going to start my period.4.Not always, sometimes it can make it worse!5.Somtimes6.When im a sleep, although i have been woken by cramps.And it can go away for a week but it always comes back.Take care

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi all, just stumbbled on this forum and thought i`d join in:two months ago i was rushed to hospital with vomiting and severe abdominal pain. everytime i was sick the pain got worse.any way the hospital did loads of tests and said that i had bad water infection, gave me loads od tablets including extra strong painkillers (bliss!) and sent me home. the pain was so severe i had to have two weeks off work, i couldn`t even stand up straight, and doing even the basic household chores was a no no!after thinking i was going to die ( i felt that ill) i remember, back in 1988 i was diagnosed with IBS, but at that time i did not vomit and i was not constipated, so i gathered that ageing had only changed my symptoms.last week i had a big meal and the dreaded pain started, mildly at first the the vomiting started.exactly the same pain on all occations. the pain is just below the navel and when the spasms start i can actually see my stomach bloat and go solid to the touch. a lot like labour pains (if you`re a woman)i have been taking a lot of pain killers with codine and these are making me constipated, which in turn, plus eating somthing i`ve yet to eliminate (when i suss out what it is) from my diet.only first week on new diet so can`t really say what the benefits are yet, but hope it works cos i`ve never experienced pain like it.on a plus side i`d rather it be IBS than thinking i was going to die.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sorry, me again. forgot.yes it`s greatly relieved by passing wind and going to the loo. the pain usually lasts 8-10 hours on and off. and a good sleep is a welcome relief after an attack.cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
IBS-DPain mid-lower leftCramps after bm at timesSeveral generally formed bms in a.m.Sometime rectal discomfort and painGeneral abdominal discomfortFeeling of fullness and bloatAverage amount of gasSome nausia on ocassion

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
quote:1. What IBS type are you? (IBS-C/IBS-D/IBS-A) C2. Where is your pain located? Pubis,sigmoid3. How would you describe your pain? Sunburn,bruise4. Is it better after bowel movment? Yeah5. Is it better after passing gas? Temporarly6. Does the pain disappears sometimes? (When?)
The sunburn is always there in the pubis however the sigmoid is not always in pain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I figure this might be useful for people to share...so I will join in. 1. IBS-D (although Immodium makes me alternate..so I don't know if that counts)2. It used to always be the right side, lower and upper. Lately it's been really low on the left mostly. Not sure why. When I'm in a lot of pain the whole area hurts, usually after a long day at work. 3. Sometimes when it's not too bad it just feels like someone is poking hard at me. When it gets real bad it feels like someone is violently pushing down my stomach. Other times it feels like someone is violently pushing in all directions. It's so hard to describe and since it's not at it's worst at this moment it's even harder. But it hurts like hell. 4. It depends on how bad the pain is. When it's really bad, no. After like three or four sometimes. 5. No6. Yes. When I'm by myself or drinking with friends. Mine is so based around my work schedule right now and my work schedule varies to a great degree. Maybe I don't even have IBS. Who knows.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Sarmiento:Hello folksPlease help answer some questions to IBS pain. It would help to get a better overview over your symptoms. 1. What IBS type are you? (IBS-C/IBS-D/IBS-A) IBS-A (mostly D) 2. Where is your pain located? Mostly in the lower stomach below the belly button, sometimes just on one side (can be either side) and sometimes up higher right below the bottom ribs. 3. How would you describe your pain? (adjectiv) Depends. The lower pain usually feels like a gastro bug, under the ribs is more crampy and makes me feel nauseaus, sometimes for up to 2 weeks I'll get a burning pain that feels like my whole insides are liquid acid (this is usually followed by a heft bout of terrible D). 4. Is it better after bowel movment? Not usually, very occasionally it is though. 5. Is it better after passing gas? Not usually. 6. Does the pain disappears sometimes? (When?) Mostly if it does it's when I go to sleep. Greetings Sarmiento

·
Registered
8 Posts
hiya, i have just been diagnosed with ibs, just wondered, what is the difference between IBS-C/ IBS-D/ IBS-A ? as the doc hasnt told me very much abot what it is, mainly done researching on hte internet

G

·
1. IBS-PI (post-infection, mostly D)2. Lower abdomen, sometimes confused with "monthly" pains. In that general area.3. Twinges, sharp and sudden4. Always better after a BM except after a particularly bad bout of D it can sometimes cause cramps that floor me 5. Only for a little bit 6. After a bowel movement.. returns about 30 mins after a mealHope that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
quote:1. What IBS type are you? (IBS-C/IBS-D/IBS-A) Usuallly C, randomly I'll get D, usually around my period2. Where is your pain located? When I have severe pain it's usually the area below my bellybutton. I get pain higher than that sometimes, and I have bad heartburn3. How would you describe your pain? (adjectiv)Severe pain feels like knives stabing me, then when it eases I feel like I've been punched repeatedly and am brused4. Is it better after bowel movment? Sometimes. Often it's severe and then after several bowlmovements it becomes a lesser pain5. Is it better after passing gas? Sometimes6. Does the pain disappears sometimes? (When?)
Sometimes

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.