Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Had a tummy scan and had to drink that yummy barium. I am ibsc so i haven't seen the barium actually leave me body yet. I take zelnorm and miralax so i am not quite as constipated as i used to be. Will all of the sudden i see signs that it has left?Thanks,Jean

·
Registered
57 Posts
The first CT scan I had, I drank a full liter of barium and I actually didn't notice much difference in my stool color. It was lighter, but not to the point where I would have noticed had I not just had the CT.I had an unplanned CT back in October because I went to the ER with several abdominal pain. I didn't drink all of the barium because I was having trouble swallowing. I was pretty sick that week, but I remember not passing much stool for a couple of days, so I suppose the barium was in there for a bit...I honestly don't remember how long it was or any color changes because I was sick the rest of that week as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
if you work at a nuclear plant you will know when you stop setting off all the alarms....(from 50 feet away)i think it takes about a week before you can get back on site without alarming

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey there, i had a barium test and took about 2 days to leave my system, a week after i had multiple kidney stones and im only 18, so make sure u drink ALOT of water cuz the doctor thinks i may have gotten the stones from it, how tho, i dont know, lol go figure

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the repies, i thought i would see the pretty creamy color that i drank. i guess it will just come out when it comes out.thanks again,jean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts