Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering how others are recovering when they just have one time diarrhia. A couple of days ago I just had one time a big diarrhia and the usual bad cramps before that. Now it's two days later ( I didn't go yesterday) and I still have this achy feeling in my tummy. It's the kind of discomfort I only get with diarrhia. Achy and it feels like little gas pockets which are uncomfortable. I took already Gas x but it doesn't help. Does anybody feel uncomfortable even days after just a single diarrhia episode ?

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
This is quite a good question.A number of years ago I might have taken 2-3 days to get back to normal; however, more recently as soon as the diarrhea and pain/discomfort are tolerable I go back to eating as normal as possible. My reasoning is that I don't believe it's the food that is causing the D or pain. Rather it's the act of eating in itself. When I go back to eating as normal as possible I do space out my meals/snack and have smaller meals until I feel more comfortable.I suspect that many of us wait longer than necessary to get back to eating more regular after a bout of D and pain. That's probably a normal reaction to being sick, but if you have IBS this is unfortunately something you have to deal with fairly often.Jeff

·
Registered
14 Posts
It too took me 2-3 days, usually, during which I felt very fatigued. If the diarrhea was of a stronger type, e.g. if after while only water came out, it would take me up to a week to feel relatively normal again. I would start with my normal diet as soon as I felt I had appetite. Usually, I would just skip one meal after a diarrhea (I wouldn't have felt hungry anyways for a few hours after, just exhausted).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.