Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been on the pill since April. It's helped ease my flow and my ovulation pain is gone (obviously). Any ways, I am home sick with damn cramps. They are still very painful. When will the pill start helping my cramps? That's the only reason really I went to the doctor for my period.Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not all pills are created equally! You may never elliminate cramps with the pill you are on. In fact, I had a friend who went on one of the common pills and she had worse cramps, bloating etc. I recommend the pill Mircette. Unlike other pills that drop to a placebo for a whole week (to trigger the period), Mircette only drops you placebo for two days, then brings your hormones up to a medium level.This is good for IBS sufferers because big hormone shifts seem to be triggers to bloating and constipation. So it keeps your more level.I still get subtle cramps, a little ache. But nothing compared to what I get when not on Mircette. It also helps keep you more emotionally stable. I was put on it originally to help with emotional PMS side effects.Ask you doctor about it! It costs around 28$ a month I think, but I am not certain as I have a perscription plan!~Alexis Parker

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I never did get cramp relief from the pill, just cramp reduction. My cramps were pretty severe, and I'd say they are half as bad? but that is still pretty bad when they are at their worst. They last less time, the flow is lighter with less clots, and the whole period is shorter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, I am starting to wonder if my cramps are easing or not. It doesn't feel like they are. The only thing is my period is shorter, lighter, etc. Still pain. Hopefully after I see the dr. i'll see if I need a stronger dose or a different pill, etc.Everyone I know and have talked to said that since hte pill they haven't had ANY cramps..so I thought the pill got rid of them completely..damn it I guess not!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.