Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It took the elavil (25mg once at night) about 15 days to start working on me (for chest pain/heartburn). The first 2 weeks were yucky what with my body trying to get used to it. I was a bit queezy and tired all the time, not to mention constipated. After that I got used to it and it does seem to be helping with the pain quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It took the elavil (25mg once at night) about 15 days to start working on me (for chest pain/heartburn). The first 2 weeks were yucky what with my body trying to get used to it. I was a bit queezy and tired all the time, not to mention constipated. After that I got used to it and it does seem to be helping with the pain quite a bit.

G

·
I've taken Nefadazone for a while and was told to expect 4-6 weeks to reach therapeutic levels in your blood stream although you may feel some improvement earlier.

G

·
I've taken Nefadazone for a while and was told to expect 4-6 weeks to reach therapeutic levels in your blood stream although you may feel some improvement earlier.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It depends upon what you mean by works.Most antidepressant side effects appear early-- days to weeks. Constipation/diarrhea is one on them.For some people the side effects go away, for some they become intolerable.For a while I had the theory that antidepressants worked as follows:The side effects made you feel so much worse that you would do anything-- even "cure" your own depression to get off of them. Of course this is somewhat of an exaggeration for many but not all.Psych effects take about a month.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It depends upon what you mean by works.Most antidepressant side effects appear early-- days to weeks. Constipation/diarrhea is one on them.For some people the side effects go away, for some they become intolerable.For a while I had the theory that antidepressants worked as follows:The side effects made you feel so much worse that you would do anything-- even "cure" your own depression to get off of them. Of course this is somewhat of an exaggeration for many but not all.Psych effects take about a month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.