Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm usually IBS-C, but since I started taking Align 4 days ago I've had nothing but D. I know it can take some time for my gut to adapt to the new bacteria but how long should I keep taking Align before I give up on it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I know this is an old post, but did you stick with it in the end?

I have been wondering about this too as I tried Acidophilus capsules and I had the same problem.

I gave up after a few days - I'm now wondering if I should have stuck with it for longer?

Would it do any harm taking Immodium several days on the trot with a probiotic?

I usually have more IBS-C so its not really been an issue for me before!

Very keen to find a probiotic that will help my irregular bowel movements and excess gas,

which is making me feel very self-conscious, anxious and uncomfortable.

I'm finding it hard trying to choose which probiotic is best to try first

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have IBS-D and my gastroenterologist prescribed Align. I have had diarrhea no stop for 17 days (since I started to take it). I lost 11 pounds in the last month.

I just talked with my doctor yesterday and he said that Align should not give diarrhea, but it is clearly not working for me, so if I think that it was Align to cause it, I should stop taking it.

I have read that the first week with Align may give you some side effects, and then it should settle in your body. However, I tried to stick for longer, but I clearly didn't get my body to play well with it.

I hope that my gut can recover from it. Although I have IBS-D, the diarrhea wasn't that frequent before.

And my gastroenterologist said that it is okay to take Imodium to stop diarrhea even while taking Align. Imodium is safe and I can take it when I need it without worries.

·
Registered
14 Posts
sorry to hear your bad experience. do you need to store this Probiotic in the fridge? it is not available over the counter in my country so i was thinking of ordering from Amazon but there is no point if it needs storage in fridge at all times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.