Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I copied and pasted because you and I have very similar LG.

1. I cannot smell feces, but I can smell food. Whatever I ate comes through and the feces part doesnt get picked up by my nose bc Im use to it. There has been periods where I filled up an entire cathedral ceiling courtroom with FBO, dont know how thats even possible since I shower sometimes 3 times a day.

2. This has also gotten worse for me over the last 10 years. Has normal jobs and had to quit them all bc of harassment and couldnt be around ppl. Now self employed, not around ppl too often and the ones I am around is small. They either cant smell anything or dont care (rare).

3. I live alone now, but when I lived with my parents/siblings they couldnt and could. It was off and on type of thing, majority being couldnt. Ive had girlfriends in the past, some could and some couldnt. It also wasnt as bad as it is now. Havent had a relationship since 2013-14.

4. What I suffer from is not wind or flatulence, its not that I cant control my flatulence; its that I have none. There no grumbles or pops or any noise of any kind from my stomach. No burps either, which is also gas. How it continues to produce smell for 24/7 is a straight up mystery. If its gas, its absoutley stunning that my body can continuously make it 24/7 all year long without a break.

5. When Im out in public my anus gets warmer and starts to sweat. The more nervous/anxious, the warmer and more sweat which contributes to the smell. I also get these cold sweats too and flushed face. I try not to sit for long periods of time, standing and running most of the day. Also feel bubbles escaping when I sit coming from my anus.

6. Ive only been to 3 docs, including my PCP who Ive been seeing since I was a child. He doesnt say anything, but his face says it all. GI and colorectal doc both politely said theres nothing wrong with me and its in my head. Has dissuaded me from making further inquisitions, but thats changed as Im in the process of getting a referral from my PCP to see a proctologist. Armed with knowledge off this site from users, hopefully this gives me an upper hand in acquiring a diagonai.

7. My LG is far worse all the time, I cant notice a difference except being in public places around ppl, indoors. Lines at stores or waiting rooms somehow exacerbate my FBO.

8. My LG is often very bad after going to the toilet with a complete evacuation. Instead of feces mixed with food, its fresh feces. Ill even use a small enema to make sure everything is out and it still smells like fresh sewage. If I have an incomplete BM or just cant go, the smell seems to not be intense and mixed with whatever I ate earlier. This has lead me to a diet with supplements to replenish vitamins/proteins Im not getting daily.

9. Im sure theres a huge psychological impact this has had on me from harassment and subtle social actions by people. Had ppl talk in other languages as Im standing in front of them, ppl at previous jobs say do you smell that? to other ppl as Im standing right there. Making comments on the smell itself saying it smells like diarrhea dripping down his leg while Im in hearing distance of them. Even when I do finally get a hold on this, not only will I have to see a psychiatrist, but probably have a hard time getting intimate or even trusting another person. Ill also open windows in cares, always wonder if I smell, always watching ppls reactions while Im around them.

10. Ive tried a lot of non invasive (surgical) procedures, a lot from this site and other sites, users in this site, studies/books, etc. Im hoping once I get into a proctologist, it will open up some new doors to try and fight this. Other than that, its basically a management only situation for me. Diet, exercise, stay positive is how Im taking it, with exercise taking the top step.

My theory is long term constipation has knock out my feeling of having a BM and made my sphincter/pelvis muscles extremely weak. This leads to BMs not completely evacuated which basically sit and stew inside of me causing an odor to last 24/7 all year long. Ive giving up on the theory about gas leaking bc I dont gave gas and its impossible for our bodies to produce that much gas/day for years without stopping. The only thing that could do that is a nuclear power plant and theres nothing radioactive inside me, afaik. Now why it smells worse after a complete BM, I have no idea bc according to my theory, there should be no smell after that, but there is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry my name offends you, its all I could think of at the moment. My username is different on discord. Im in the same boat as everyone else here. Sometimes its nice to sit back and laugh at little bit instead of being wound up so tight. A lot of us suffer from depression and anxiety too, so its nice to know theres a judge free forum that lets us all express ourselves freely without criticizing or demoralizing one another.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@ummwhat - I feel your frustration and know exactly how you feel because I too go through this. Its a never ending cycle for me, except Im self employed. Ive been through a ton of jobs and harassment as this has been going on for 10 years. Its crazy to even say that out loud, its a long time.

Maybe why healthcare professionals dont take us seriously is because we are all hiding behind the curtain. Im guilty of this too. We use a forum that strives on anonymity to hide our identities. Maybe this is why we arent taking seriously by doctors. A lot of Medical forums like ones for cancer are similar to Facebook. Theres enough resources and information on its users for a doctor to reach out to those people for treatments; rather than us trying to find a needle in a hay stack. They also have experts who chime in when a user suggests a treatment and not just going by word of mouth. I dont think its the media as what we need, but a better way for doctors to find the patients they are trying to treat. We live in a big world and this forum is a little blip, not enough to make a splash yet. We have no doctor lists, no Medical professional who work in this speciality, and now way of knowing whos treating patients like us. Idk maybe Im crazy too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry my name offends you, its all I got think of at the moment. My username is different on discord. Im in the same boat as everyone else here. Sometimes its nice to sit back and laugh at little bit instead of being would so tight. A lot of us suffer from depression and anxiety too, so its nice to know theres a judge free forum that lets us all express ourselves equally without criticizing or demoralizing one another.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts