Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I had one done last year or so...it was normal... I was so afraid to have it done but really I don't remember a thing. Thank good ness for drugs!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had one done last month, because I was having stomach pain. They found crystals in my gallbladder, and that was it. I was worried about it, but it was a breeze. I am having my first colonoscopy Wednesday. That I am worried about!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had one done less then a month ago. It showed a polyp mid-way down my esophagus which he said looked more like a wart.
Also came back with Gastritis & Acid Reflux. I figured out the Reflux so I wasn't surprised about that at all.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm not really sure what my tests were called, but I had the lighted tube dropped down my throat and was sedated; then I had a test with tubes through my nostrils down to my stomach with a swallow test and no sedation. Both were normal.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I had the endoscopy about a year and a half ago. It was negative but then a few months ago I was diagnosed with GERD. I'm now taking Prevacid and feel SO much better along with watching what I eat.------------------C-Type IBS (slow motility)

G

·
I had the upper endoscopy yesterday...They found that my entire stomach lining is irritated. I started taking Protonix which is a proton pump inhibitor. I guess I produce too much acid. It was no big deal! The upper GI barium w/ small bowel follow through was much worse....

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sequoia,I've had both wice now... and the last time was back to back.... or maybe that's top to bottom.They were one of the many tests the did during my hospital trip..... and like every other test they found nothing.Well, my blood tests kept showing a drop in hemoglobin and they thought I was bleeding.... but we never found it.This time I stayed out during the bottom up.... but briefly came too during the top down. I started to panic and they zapped me again.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Yup, had an upper endoscopy two months ago. Revealed: more than a dozen fundic polyps (not precancerous) and probably low-intensity H. Pylori. Tissues not inflamed.Had I had such a test two years ago - I should have, but the doc at the time went the cheaper route - I imagine that polyps may not have been visible yet, that my H. Pylori would have been more intense, and that the linings of the stomach and esophagus would have been rather inflamed. (Since that time, have been on a "healing" diet.)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had an upper & lower scope back in January. They found a polyp in my colon & the start of colitis. And in my stomach, it was red & irritated as was my duodenum (sp?) but they didn't know what the cause was. The doc put me on Aciphlex but my stomach still hurts.

·
Registered
922 Posts
had an upper and lower scope about 3 yrs. ago and it showed only slight irritation. in the last year have had some indigestion problems requiring me to take pepcid. probably now have gerd and upper hernia. Norb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.