1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
442 Posts
I WAS in the severe category...I'm no more, but still bothering my life when i feel those stupid cramps and the discomfort even if i'm:- On holidays for long- Doing some sport i like- Awaking- Relaxing- etc..-------- have a nice day

·
Registered
442 Posts
I WAS in the severe category...I'm no more, but still bothering my life when i feel those stupid cramps and the discomfort even if i'm:- On holidays for long- Doing some sport i like- Awaking- Relaxing- etc..-------- have a nice day

·
Registered
345 Posts
Me.It is interesting to look at the American Digestive Health Foundation's IBS- A Concise Guide for Medical ProfessionalsHeres what they say related to severe."Patients with severe symptoms (5%) commonly have pyschological co-morbidities and are mor often seen in tertiary referral centers. For these patients, strong reassurance of the correct diagnosis is necessery to reduce concerns and health-care resource use. Antidepressants may be helpful TO REDUCE PAIN (my emphasis) and treat psychiatric disorders. Referral to a mental healt professional to help manage symptoms and reduce stress can be useful."Thus those of us who have severe symptoms are obviously nut cases who should be shunted off to the nearest psych ward for treatment with antidepressants to control our mental health AND THE PAIN.Nothing is said about helping us control the physical symptoms. Thanks a lot.It is important to them to reduce the health care costs, which evidently are count more than our financial losses due to IBS. Last I looked I paid my insurance premiums. I think I never used as many resources as a single kidney dialysis patient. Who says we are not practicing eugenics?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Me.It is interesting to look at the American Digestive Health Foundation's IBS- A Concise Guide for Medical ProfessionalsHeres what they say related to severe."Patients with severe symptoms (5%) commonly have pyschological co-morbidities and are mor often seen in tertiary referral centers. For these patients, strong reassurance of the correct diagnosis is necessery to reduce concerns and health-care resource use. Antidepressants may be helpful TO REDUCE PAIN (my emphasis) and treat psychiatric disorders. Referral to a mental healt professional to help manage symptoms and reduce stress can be useful."Thus those of us who have severe symptoms are obviously nut cases who should be shunted off to the nearest psych ward for treatment with antidepressants to control our mental health AND THE PAIN.Nothing is said about helping us control the physical symptoms. Thanks a lot.It is important to them to reduce the health care costs, which evidently are count more than our financial losses due to IBS. Last I looked I paid my insurance premiums. I think I never used as many resources as a single kidney dialysis patient. Who says we are not practicing eugenics?

G

·
I have had severe epsisodes in the past that last for three or more months. The stuff in between is not fun either, but compared to the episodes I get at least once a year, not severe.

G

·
I have had severe epsisodes in the past that last for three or more months. The stuff in between is not fun either, but compared to the episodes I get at least once a year, not severe.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.