Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used to be predominately IBS-D and now im predominately IBS-C. i believe this change started to happen after using tricyclic depressants for a period and then completely after using tramadol mon-fri for work for a few months. Also i get a bm every morning (frequently not formed properly). i dont believe I have tried taking fiber consistently to see if that helps. How much should I aim for each day? Also, should I take magnesium daily and how much?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You might want to check your diet for a few days (I use http://www.fitday.com) and it will help you see how much fiber your typical diet has in it. Then you can see how much you may need to add, and add it a few grams at a time until you find the amount that works well for you.Magnesium usually people start with something like 250 mgs and work up. The USRDA minimum is around 400 mgs and they recommend for daily use you don't go over 1000 mg (including your food). You can go higher for a short period of time (so a regular dose of milk of magnesia goes above that but usually is dosed for short term use).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.