Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious at how much imodium people usually have to take before it works for them...and which works better..caplets or liquid...I took two caplets of generic imodium the other day and one came out (UNDISSOLVED) when I used the bathroom hours later!?! First time I have experienced that...

·
Registered
26 Posts
When my IBS was really bad 4 years ago I lived on Immodium I use to take the quick dissolve at least 8 to 10 a day didn't seem to help much eventually it would stop then of course I would become very C ( which is all part of IBS.) So now I don't use Immodium at all I find it better even if last week I had D for 6 days straight lost 4 pounds and still was C after for 7 days.I just try to stay calm, I do lots of deep breathing, use a heating pad and Peppermint oil capsules for pain and spasms (just started those seems to help a bit) I don't want to take any more medicines because the ones that are strong enough to actually take away the pain and spasms just make me drowsy and sleepy. So for now anyways I'm trying more natural ways of dealing with my IBS.I hope this helps you.Just remember trying to stay calm (which I know is very hard while sitting on the toilet crying of pain because spams are soo bad you feel like your dying ) it would help...Good luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't take Immodium unless I'm still getting spasms yet I�m totally emptied out. The Immodium at least gets me out of the bathroom. The real problem is that I'm constipated for about a week, then the cycle starts all over again. I realize the consequences before I take it, but after I�ve been in the bathroom for an hour or two I�m too desperate for the relief.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I know I won't be near a bathroom and really can't get an attack, I take 2 Immodium tablets, then 2 more an hour or so later and maybe if I'm still out I'll take 1 or 2 more a couple hours later. I might still have diarrhea, but at least I can usually wait for a bathroom. Of course, this does nothing for the accompanying anxiety, the what if thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.