Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am to have a cck hida scan this Wed. and I have been in one horrible flare up for the last week, 10-12 loose movements a day. Imodium is not even touching it. I must up the dose if I can even go through that test. You have to lie there for 2 hours or more!! There is no way I can do that. They will not let you up to go once they inject the dye. HOw many Imdium can you take without over dosing yoursef. I must take it tomorrow because you cannot eatr, drink, or take meds. 6 hours before the test. Please help I am so nervous , I am thinking of canceling the test.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
have you asked the people who are giving you the test for advice? I'm sure you're not the first person to have issues.As for immodium, I'm not sure how much is too much. I've taken more than maximum when I've been nervous about traveling. I know it's not good but I had short term goals like you do. Worst that has happened is feeling dehydrated (so i drink lots of water while traveling and in the few days afterward) and being constipated afterwards.good luck with the testnancy

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You may want to call the testing people and see if they have a recommendation.I do know that if you take 160 Immodium at a time for some period of time you will need to go on Methadone to get off of it, but that is a bit more extreme than is probably what you are looking for
160 at a time doesn't appear to be acutely fatal so I suspect if you need a few more than usual to make it though the test you would be ok. Just don't go overboard or you may be really constipated for a while. But that is pretty much about all you can do to yourself with too much Imodium for a few hours.K.PS the person that took 160 at a time was a junkie and was using Imodium to get a fix. No word in the brief report I read of how constipated the guy was, but they did detox him with Methadone.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did call the lab. where the test is being done at the hospital and they acted really indifferent, like I was the only person inthe world with this problem. He said ,"Well can't you hold it for a couple hours, we need that time to do the test, and you cannot get off the table."I told him "No, with IBS there is no holding it." He did not have anymore to say except that it was up to me to have the test. I really donot know how to handle this. I feel like trying to have the test at all costs and if I have to go -#### right there in the table.!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.