Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wouldn't let me post in 'Living with IBS'I don't know where to start this. So if I ramble on, don't mind me.I guess you could say I've been in hell for 2 and 1/2 years now. Sometimes I lay in bed not wanting to grow up, but to stay a toy 'r' us kid forever [I'm 15years old]. I know I shouldn't scare myself to death about it, but it plagues my mind everytime I have an attack, and post-attack. I'll give the low-down on what's up with me.I have IBS, that's a given. I've recently been diagnosed with a mild case of Ulcerative Colitis. On top of this I'm lactose intolent. I am taking medicine, I'm happy about that. Because my relief I've been begging for could be on it's way.I guess the reason why I'm posting is because I need to know if this could get better. If there's just something, maybe mentally I could do. I've lost most of my social life because of this. And since this new school year, I've missed plenty of days. Every one of my friends that know about this, has been very supportive, and consoling. I'm thankful for that.I find that if I get myself caught up in music, I can slowly slip from reality, and my mind sets off to venture away from problems. IBS related or not.Usually if I'm feeling crappy, poems are my best bet to let my emotions go. Expressing the pain I'm feeling in a poem, can get someone to open their eyes, and see that it really isn't in my head.Stories, for me, are tough. I'm currently writing one based on the everday struggles a person endures with IBS, and how she finds true love. I haven't felt compelled enough to finish it yet. Maybe once I feel creative again. Notice how when school starts, the creativity level in the brain goes on its all-time low. Haha.Heh, I could go on and on. But I'll spare you. I basically wanted to vent. All these emotions just fill my body, and I'm ready to burst. I'd post this on my online journal, but I want feedback from people who understand where I'm coming from.I guess I should start watching the movie I rented. It's already 4am. Where did time go?God bless you all.-StaceyI must confess my love for The Cure. Ok, I've confessed it. Hahaha. My subject title is a Cure lyric. You'll find that a lot from me.

· Registered
33,934 Posts
For the Living with IBS you email your story to Jeff at the address listed there. That section of the board is just for telling your story. People wouldn't be able to respond like they can here.Both IBS and UC tend to be chronic, so it isn't known if you will ever be cured, but both conditions can be managed. I'm glad the medications are helping.I invite you to check out the Cog. Behave. Ther. Anxiety and Hypnotherapy section of the board.Some of the mind-body techniques can be very effective in managing IBS, and may even help with the UC a bit as stress doesn't make any disorder better.K.------------------ kmottus###aol.com�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

· Registered
33,934 Posts
For the Living with IBS you email your story to Jeff at the address listed there. That section of the board is just for telling your story. People wouldn't be able to respond like they can here.Both IBS and UC tend to be chronic, so it isn't known if you will ever be cured, but both conditions can be managed. I'm glad the medications are helping.I invite you to check out the Cog. Behave. Ther. Anxiety and Hypnotherapy section of the board.Some of the mind-body techniques can be very effective in managing IBS, and may even help with the UC a bit as stress doesn't make any disorder better.K.------------------ kmottus###aol.com�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

· Registered
154 Posts
I know how you feel. My IBS didn't really kick in bad until I was almost thorough with school, but as I'm sure you know, younger people aren't always that understanding of "toilet issues." I"m so glad that your friends are supportive - it's a big plus to be able to share your IBS problems with those you care about most. I would suggest trying Mike's tapes like KMottus suggested as well. I'm nearing the end of them and they have definitely helped. IBs is chronic, but I'm not letting myself lose faith that one day it could go away or they might find a cure. Try and keep your spirits up. I know it's hard. PS WRiting helps me too!

· Registered
154 Posts
I know how you feel. My IBS didn't really kick in bad until I was almost thorough with school, but as I'm sure you know, younger people aren't always that understanding of "toilet issues." I"m so glad that your friends are supportive - it's a big plus to be able to share your IBS problems with those you care about most. I would suggest trying Mike's tapes like KMottus suggested as well. I'm nearing the end of them and they have definitely helped. IBs is chronic, but I'm not letting myself lose faith that one day it could go away or they might find a cure. Try and keep your spirits up. I know it's hard. PS WRiting helps me too!

· Registered
288 Posts
My IBS started in fifth grade. All through high school and college I was running to the restroom at mock 10.Last November I discovered this board and the suggestion that calcium may help relieve the diarrhea many of us IBSers have. The change has been nothing short of remarkable. All of my symptoms have disappeared: gas, pain, hemorrhoids...If you have diarrhea and you haven't tried calcium, it's worth a shot.Good luck to you friend.

· Registered
288 Posts
My IBS started in fifth grade. All through high school and college I was running to the restroom at mock 10.Last November I discovered this board and the suggestion that calcium may help relieve the diarrhea many of us IBSers have. The change has been nothing short of remarkable. All of my symptoms have disappeared: gas, pain, hemorrhoids...If you have diarrhea and you haven't tried calcium, it's worth a shot.Good luck to you friend.

· Registered
517 Posts
It's so sad that your are 15 years-old and dealing with this ####. I am 37 and it is still hard for me to comprehend what is going on inside my body. Hope things get better for you. This BB will certainly help you cope with everything... N.

· Registered
517 Posts
It's so sad that your are 15 years-old and dealing with this ####. I am 37 and it is still hard for me to comprehend what is going on inside my body. Hope things get better for you. This BB will certainly help you cope with everything... N.

G

·
hey, well, i don't know if this is any comfort, but you're really lucky to have friends who you can tell about what's going on. i'm almost 21 now, and i've had this since i was 7, and there've sure been ups and downs. very few people know what's really going on with me though, especially now i find it's not usually worth getting into cause in university, people come and go so often from your life. but you know, i've got another year of university after this, and although it always seems like life is so tough, i can look back and see that i made it through high school, and i'm nearing the end of my university degree. somehow i made it this far, and i know you will too. like everyone's said, ibs is chronic, but i find that i can sort of get it under control (to a certain extent) if i really manage my life--sleeping, eating, excercising, stress--and can lead a more or less normal life when i'm on top of all those. other times like now, i'm a bit of a mess, but i know i'll keep fighting. as for a social life, well, when you feel good, go out and have fun. when you dont, if you feel lonely, have people over to watch videos, or have a potluck. make it so that you can hang out somewhere that feels safe when you're sick. hang in there!midge. ps. cure?...love cats da da da da da da da da dee da da da da so wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully pretty. you know that i'd do anything for you. we should have each other for dinner, we should have each other with cream....(shh--don't tell anyone!)

G

·
hey, well, i don't know if this is any comfort, but you're really lucky to have friends who you can tell about what's going on. i'm almost 21 now, and i've had this since i was 7, and there've sure been ups and downs. very few people know what's really going on with me though, especially now i find it's not usually worth getting into cause in university, people come and go so often from your life. but you know, i've got another year of university after this, and although it always seems like life is so tough, i can look back and see that i made it through high school, and i'm nearing the end of my university degree. somehow i made it this far, and i know you will too. like everyone's said, ibs is chronic, but i find that i can sort of get it under control (to a certain extent) if i really manage my life--sleeping, eating, excercising, stress--and can lead a more or less normal life when i'm on top of all those. other times like now, i'm a bit of a mess, but i know i'll keep fighting. as for a social life, well, when you feel good, go out and have fun. when you dont, if you feel lonely, have people over to watch videos, or have a potluck. make it so that you can hang out somewhere that feels safe when you're sick. hang in there!midge. ps. cure?...love cats da da da da da da da da dee da da da da so wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully pretty. you know that i'd do anything for you. we should have each other for dinner, we should have each other with cream....(shh--don't tell anyone!)

· Registered
2,408 Posts
Welcome to the board Stacey, Hope you will find the help you need here.,(((((HUGS)))))))------------------You will never know that God is all you need....... until God is all you have. �� Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

· Registered
2,408 Posts
Welcome to the board Stacey, Hope you will find the help you need here.,(((((HUGS)))))))------------------You will never know that God is all you need....... until God is all you have. �� Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
midge-Then curl up by the fire and sleep for awhile. It's the grooviest thing, it's the perfect dream. Hand in hand is the only way to land and always the right way round. Not broken in pieces like hated little meeces. How could we miss Someone as dumb as this?I love you ... let's go. Oh ... solid gone ... How could we miss someone as dumb as this? Gotta love The Lovecats. lol. Just thought I'd finish off the lyrics you put. ah yes..

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
midge-Then curl up by the fire and sleep for awhile. It's the grooviest thing, it's the perfect dream. Hand in hand is the only way to land and always the right way round. Not broken in pieces like hated little meeces. How could we miss Someone as dumb as this?I love you ... let's go. Oh ... solid gone ... How could we miss someone as dumb as this? Gotta love The Lovecats. lol. Just thought I'd finish off the lyrics you put. ah yes..

G

·
Bloodflowers01Hope is what we all have and even though sometimes it seems like an impossible thing to overcome, you still must do all you can. I've had ibs for 7 years now, starting when I was 21. To look back now I can see times when I was slipping, doing less feeling morepain and disgust. Finally I decided to climb back out. I saw doctors, did tests, came here. I did what I had to, learned everything I could about the different therapies for ibs. Slowly but surely I tried them all until I eventually found something that works. Now I'm recovering socially and physically, things are not so grey. Now as I experience the things I use to do, I see them with a greater appretiation for what they really are. So please hang in there. Try to go out and do things as much as possible because I've learned when you curl up, your problems just seem to snow ball. Oh by the way I could possibly be a bigger CURE fan than yourself, possibly. Disentegration is my favorite album. Yours?Take care,Brent

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.