Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering... I was told to drink plenty of water... esp if taking a bulk fiber suppliment..I used to take in about 2 Liters... but don't take near that now... Don't take the fiber lax...anymore... either...But I do drink at least... 3/ 20 oz bottles of just plain water... along with 1-2 cups of caffeine free tea when I can tolerate it.. and approx 12 0z of sugar free lemonade. Plus there are days when I bring soup to work... and that add more liquid...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drink about a gallon or so per day.I was drinking almost 3 a day and when my symptoms increased and I informed my doctor she said it was way too much water. The water was trying to escape out of the bowel tract.I cut back and it was a a lot better.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
1-2 liters, depending pon the intensity of exercise I do on a given day. I also drink a fair amount of coffee (4-6 cups a day, depending upon if I am "working" at the soup kitchen, or not). I know that doesn't currently count; but I did read an interview with the person who originally proposed the 8 glass a day minimum. He did not discriminate between water and any other beverage, including coffee and the caffinates. Mark

·
Registered
136 Posts
Water is good for you but if i drink too much of it, it will run give me D and make my stomach gurgle. I drink water only out of a bottle because the tap water here sux and may have actually kicked off by IBS symptoms.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find that is I drink too much too... the D is worse.. if I drink just what I drink now.. I am ok.. I had to up it some when I started taking the calcium... as my stools were getting pasty and had to strain a little... but now with about 1.5 liters.. I am doing ok..I drink through the day.. up till I go to bed... so I don't deluge myself all at one time... as that too would make me have loose stools..

G

·
I hardly drink any fluids, I am trying to work on this.. But honestly does more fluids help make your IBS-D symptoms feel better?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.