Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres my first offical question. Im IBS C. I take in about 30 grams of fiber a day. How much water should I drink a day?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Noko the more water the better. Not many people drink to much water altho I did hear of that once. (really)

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
The more, the better. The rule of thumb is, what, 8 glasses of water a day? I drink about 60 oz. of water a day.Ty

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi NokoI have always heard to drink 1/2 your body weight in water. If you weigh 175 pounds that would be 87.50 ounces of water. Probably about a gallon. What is that 64ozs.I know that it sound ridiculous but just think about all of that fiber you are consuming. You certainly want enough liquid to push all of that through. That is alot of fiber everyday.Linda

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with the gallon of water. I drink at least that much. A good way to remember to drink if you are not used to it is to drink a glass of water everytime you void. I like to drink the bulk of my water early in the day, but do continue to drink right up until bedtime.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow A gallon Ive been having trouble getting a 1/2 Gallon down, but I will try. Hey thx everybody for the advice. When doing my calculations of water intake should I add Juice or soda in as well?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think at that amount you can count juice. However, I am not too sure about carbonated beverages. I try to limit them to no more than 1 per day and don't count it. I have heard you need to drink and extra glass of water for every carbonated drink.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unless you specifically buy a decaffeinated soda, most soda contains caffeine, which is a diuretic, i.e., it causes you to urinate more frequently. So, not only does soda not "count" when calculating water intake, you need to subtract it from your water total.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts