Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS since I can remember. In elementary school I would have my mother write me notes to excuse me to the bathroom and I would stay in in-school suspension to avoid going on the bus to field trips (looking back I know anxiety was involved). It got better during junior high and high school and then college really turned for the worse and has been this was now for 12+ years. It is IBS-D with several trips to the bathroom every morning and into the afternoon. I have tried for years to try to find manage my IBS (different meds like Bentyl, Elavil, Levsin, fiber and alternative treatments like chiropractors, acupuncture, probotics, digestive enzymes, yeast overgrowth, and several diets like dairy, gluten, fructose, soy free..)So the question I have is how do you find the balance between just living and dealing with IBS the way (impacting my daily life and continuing to keep searching for ways to manage it. The biggest things is the disappointment I get. I try new things hoping that it will help manage my IBS and then I get no symptom relief. How do you live life like this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.