Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to hit the road on vacation I am armed with my Dicyclomine,but my antispasmotic just
won't cut it does anyone take something for pain relief on top of thier antispasmotic?

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi getinold:There are other antispasmodics that you can ask your doc for a prescription. Something else may agree with your more.BTW, what tests have you had done? It's very important to have things checked out as many health conditions can mimic each other (and IBS).I've had tremendous success using hypnotherapy for IBS and pain. Mike Mahoney has an IBS specific program which helped me at least 90%. If you're interested, click on "Home of Mike's Tapes" above, or go to the CBT and Hypnotherapy forum on this BB.Have fun on your vacation!
JeanG

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Welcome to the BB
Like Jean suggested there is different anti-spasmodics for pain and cramps..Learn all you can about IBS because there is alot to learn..You will see how different things work for different people...so what works for one may not do so good for the other...I have had IBS-D for many years and what worked for me was learning about the foods that was triggering my IBS-D..Just a suggestion if decide you would like to learn about how Food Intolerance can effect some people with IBS-D here is a good book that really helped me to get better...Take care and I hope you find out what works for you real soon....IBS: A DOCTORS PLAN FOR CHRONIC DIGESTIVE TROUBLESBy Gerard Guillory, M.D.; Vanessa Ameen, M.D.; Paul Donovan, M.D.; Jack Martin, Ph.D. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...9085785-1742301 �FOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICTION AND TREATMENT�, Professor Jonathan Brostoff , M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and Environmental Medicine, Kings� College, London http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.