Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving myself crazy worrying about christmas day. Have to go to in laws, who don't really understand IBS and have been having D every morning for over a week. was fine previous to this! Should I starve, take Immodium christmas morning- or both?? AND now have my P really bad- always happens without fail. Hope everybody enjoys a safe and happy holiday.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I hear ya all the way to the bathroom. I would take imodium and just not eat allot. I know it is hard with all the goodies.Have a GREAT Holiday Season. Good LuckKat

·
Registered
517 Posts
I feel your pain. When i have to go somewhere I wake up really really early. Because i'm always sick in the mornings after i wake up, if i wake up really early i'm sick then and usually feel better by the time i need to go out. I also take a bunch of immodium. If you are really worried then maybe take a immodium before bed too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am glad I found this site. The in-laws are always fun. Have you figured out if you have a trigger? I was told that recently when visiting a doc and having a horrible flare up thanksgiving night. I agree with the others on eat small amounts and immodium. try a test run a few days before so you know how much you need. Good luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
What I have learned on this board, and proved through experience, is that Imodium takes 2 hours to properly kick in. So if I even think I "might" have trouble, I pop some at least 2 hours before I have to go out. I also find a little liquid Kaopectate helps me. Maybe it's the placebo effect, but that combination usually works for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.