Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why. But it usually happens when I had no food or its been hours since the last time I ate.In Class, my stomach would hurt like crazy. Then, it sounded like a dinosaur roaring. How the heck do I keep my stomach down? Its embarrassing. Now, I know someone might come in and say everything inside the body gives a noise. And your heart thuds all the time. But my heart doesn't thud so everyone can hear it. My friends stomach's don't GROWL and they don't even eat breakfast!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually the gut works most smoothly and evenly if you eat 300 calories or so every 3 hours. Waiting as long as possible to eat never turns out well for either your gut or your blood sugar/energy levels.Doing things that increase your stomach or colon activity (like either right after a big meal or waiting too long to eat) will always make the noises worse. The colon is most active around the time you get up so rolling out of bed 10 minutes before class will also increase the noise. I know people hate to get up early enough to let things settle, but it might be an option.Avoid starchy foods as they feed the bacteria, try probiotics. You might also take antispamodics or drink peppermint tea (put it in your water bottle rather than just water so you can tote it around) and might try fennel tea as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.