Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been one week since I had the colonoscopy and it has been the best week I can remember in a long long time IBS wise. Very little C and gas and bloating. How in the world can I keep this up without having another colonoscopy? I am like a normal person and it really does change your life for the better but I know it won't last and am trying to think of what I can do to keep it up. I think getting cleaned out from time to time is the answer but how do you do that without going through such drastic means as a colonoscopy?

G

·
Noreen: I feel the same way. The only two times since I can remember having no diarrhea was the few months following my 2 colonoscopies.I know what you mean. I am going away on a weeks vacation this summer to see my son and I have been thinking of taking golytely the week before I fly...sick as it sounds it may be the best thing to do to have a good visit!!Smile, Be Well, Barbara

G

·
Noreen: I feel the same way. The only two times since I can remember having no diarrhea was the few months following my 2 colonoscopies.I know what you mean. I am going away on a weeks vacation this summer to see my son and I have been thinking of taking golytely the week before I fly...sick as it sounds it may be the best thing to do to have a good visit!!Smile, Be Well, Barbara

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Noreen,Having the colonoscopy is not the reason why you feel good. The reason is the prep cleaned you out. You could periodically use the Fleet phospho soda when you are feeling backed up....maybe every couple of months?

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Noreen,Having the colonoscopy is not the reason why you feel good. The reason is the prep cleaned you out. You could periodically use the Fleet phospho soda when you are feeling backed up....maybe every couple of months?

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Biofeedback is a simple non invasive techniue to train your muscles to work the way thye should. It works fro slow transit constipation as well as that with pelvic floor abnormalities. You might want to look into it

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Biofeedback is a simple non invasive techniue to train your muscles to work the way thye should. It works fro slow transit constipation as well as that with pelvic floor abnormalities. You might want to look into it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.