Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was trying to eat good.I made myself pork chops, which usually agree with my stomach, and egg noodles.However, after the meal I noticed I felt havily bloated.I could not understand why until it hit me, the sauce I cooked the pork chops in was high in vinegar, something which causes me to get that way.When I have a high dose of vinegar it causes a strong bad bloating reaction, and sure enough this time has been no different.I have felt heavily bloated, worse than in weeks, for over a day.I would like to know what foods or steps I can take now to curb this, I am in shock at how this happened over a day ago and yet the problem remains. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Not much you can do I'm afraid. If you have D with it you could take some immodium or if it's made you awfully C you could take a gentle laxative but as far as pain and bloating go it's a matter of waiting till it passes through your system. I know for me if I indulge in something that doesn't like me much it can take days to feel somewhat better and up to a week to totally get over whatever it did to me. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
whats the difference between IBS and microscopic colitis, i had the colitis 3 yrs ago and took asacol, it went away, had one recurranace with some diarreha and went to gastro, and he said well it sounds like IBS, so what is it, IBS or microscopic colitis? im very confused, cause NOW im really bad, and losing weight, im 5'1" tall and im down to 94 pds, and now on entocort. I know i sh ould of gone and seen my gastro doc sooner cause i had it for nearly 3 weeks before i went. but, they dont help much when they are unclear. i just want it to stop!!! any help out there?? thanks Marti

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
One of the main differences symptom-wise is microscopic colitis tends to cause more watery diarrhea than IBS does (IBS can effect the stool consistancy in all sort of ways, microscopic colitis tends to be more consistant). Additionally in microscopic colitis there is often diarrhe through the night where IBS usually is only active during the day.IBS is a functional disorder and seems to be a problem with the nervous system controlling the gut. Microscopic colitis is an inflamatory problem in the bowel, but they see it only under a microscope rather than causing visible ulcers.K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.