Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folksI`suffering from terrible bloatings since five years. The gas seems to be trapped in the right colon part.My question is how I can reduce this gas? I already tried....gas-x and other stuff with simethicone = did nothing for me. ..carcoal caps = did nothing ..acidophilous caps = made the the gas worseHmmm.. what else can I do? I`read in this forum that low card diets could reduce gas volume. My problem is that I have IBS with C. I guess that low card diet will give me less bowel movments.Any suggestions? Thanks a lot Sarmiento

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
If you are not actually passing then gas, then no gas is present.You might want to ask your doctor about Creon for bloating.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flux, please don`t bother me with that bull****. I`ve read some postings from you in this forum. Some statements are interesting but you don`t believe that IBS people suffering from gas, do you? I HAVE GAS!!!!! I fart 50-60 times a day. It`s horrible. You are right that a bloated feeling is no primarily from gas, that`s the ****.... hypersensibility that makes me mad. Gas feels likes stool and all seems to be trapped. There is still some pain after i farted, but it`s a little bit better. This works only for some minutes and than pressure and gas comes back.Ehhhhhhhhh......that sucks I have IBS with C (but daily BM), pain and a lot of gas. Medicaments with simethicone and carcoal didn`t work. I tried also antispasmodics, Zelnorm and six antidepressant for pain but without any effect.Now I have some ideas left to battle IBS. - Low carb diet for bloatings (but have some worries that I will makes me more C)- Opioide for pain. There are some opioide that don`t cause C. - Candida diet- Hypnotherapy THX Sarmiento

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Flux's statement stands...Since you are passing gas you have gas.Unfortunately a lot of what we are taught to call "gas pains" are not related to gas. Trying to control the "gas pains" by getting rid of gas when you don't have any is not productive.If you do fart more than usual, or when you fart it relieves symptoms then trying gas reduction things may in fact actually help, otherwise it is a waste of time and money.Edit...read your first post. With probitoics like acidophilus gas gets worse for a couple of things...they contain "prebiotics" like FOS in them which feeds all bacteria and the ones you have might be a problem. Or your flora is reacting to the new bacteria. Usually this only lasts a week or so then gas gets better, a few people have to work for awhile to find a brand that works.Most of why the anti-Candida diet works has very little to do with Yeast, but it reduces the same foods low-carb eating would.K.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote: f you do fart more than usual, or when you fart it relieves symptoms then trying gas reduction things may in fact actually help, otherwise it is a waste of time and money.
I believe that 60% of my pain is coming from trapped gas. If I pass gas pain relieves a bit.What are your suggestions for pas/pain relieve?I took the acidophilus pills only for two days and had gas like a balloon. I`m afraid to try this stuff for a whole week.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Try to find ones that don't have FOS or other "prebiotics" you might have to check the ingredients on line if you don't recognize one.That is often the problem with a certain brand.Some people do well by limiting certain carbs. Resistant starch is one (see if rice rather than wheat helps) or reducing high fructose corn syrup.Some people do an atkins/south beach induction phase kinda diet than add various carbs back in to see what they do/do not tolerate.Some people find simethicone with each meal helps (try for a couple of days as it only works where it is located to see if it helps--in a lot of products like gas-X). Peppermint may also help with pain, but can make heartburn worse. I use peppermint Altoids rather than something expensive.K.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kath M. ,you are great. That was helpful. I changed my GI last week and went to a new doc. My old GI didn`t want to help me with the gas and the pain. He told me that I have the same amount of gas like a normal person. THAT`S NOT TRUE. He let my suffering with it. The only medicaments that he gave me were drugs that I`ve suggest him, like antispasmodics.
What a ... My new doc seems to be more interested to the gas issue. He made an x-ray image of my bowel and found more gas than normal. I showed me the picture and there was gas everywhere. I though the gas is trapped on the right side of the colon because I feel always very uncomfortable there, like a chronic pressure and pain. The most gas amount was located in the small intestine.I didn`t believe that cause the colon is my problem zone. There was stool and gas trapped on the right side but a large amount in the small intestine. What does that mean? What`s the diffrence between gas production in the colon and in the small intestine? My GI told me about bacterial overgrowth, perhaps this could be a cause for my gas? I will make some stool anlaysis and I hope he will give me an antibiotic for a few weeks. After that I want to take acidophilus and I will try a low carb dieat.Hope it helps.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
In a normal situation the small intestine does not have bacteria in that produce gas. If they see a lot of gas in the small intestine there may be bacteria that are normal to other parts of the GI tract living in there when they should not be. This is "bacterial overgrowth" and usually they specify in there small intestinal or small bowel.Basically they treat that with antibiotics every so often to clean it out and sometimes they can find why you are getting stuff in there you shouldn't and give medications to correct that.It can cause more gas than is usual. Most IBSers actually don't have more gas than a normal person, but they react more to the normal levels of gas they do have. So they may feel they are way gassier than other people when they are not. Most people who complain of being too gassy just need reassurance that they are normal, once in a while someone may have problems out of the norm.K.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:If they see a lot of gas in the small intestine there may be bacteria that are normal to other parts of the GI tract living in there when they should not be.
quote:He made an x-ray image of my bowel and found more gas than normal. I showed me the picture and there was gas everywhere.
This is almost certainly swallowed air.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.