Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im finding it hard to take my mind off my ibs its like on my mind as soon as i wake up (spesh on a bad day) until i go to bed. ive been made redundant since july too, so im currently playin the cv game (not going too well) and it stresses me out...now i do have good days yesturday was awsome i had lots of energy and was buzzing, now i went to bed late last night...and today im the opposite, ive had pains, felt a bit nauseas, certain foods make me feel sick, im tired too (obvs because of the silly late night) and feel the need to go loo every now n again (everything just like bubbles about and i have to pass wind).but its hard just to keep busy, i really cannot afford to go out, im home alone everyday until atleast 230-3pm, everyone in my house works. just dunno what to do with my self and being bored tends to stress me out and i swear it makes my ibs worse because i begin to worry about not having a job, not having money ect....visious cycle, but strangely some days it doesnt effect me
... anyone else ever had this? or got ideas how to combat it? Thanks Lea

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's on my mind 24/7 also.I can't stop thinking about being constipated all the time. And how laxatives become less and less effective. Or how the laxatives, aggrivates my skin condition. Or the urination problems I'm having, the more backed up I get.The only way I found to beat it. Is to lie to myself. Tell yourself it's not really happening. That you are dreaming, and not to worry you'll wake up eventually.I also, like to think, that I'm not blind, and can still move around. And that I have a warm place to live when it's cold outside.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems to effect everyone either in similar ways or only certain individuals in certain ways.... i got my ibs due to a really bad bout of gasterointeritis, for a full week i couldnt keep anything down, i got overthat, then everymonth once a month i seemed to get ill, i went to the docs and assumed it was period related that kicked off the ibs whcih i got from the gasterointeritis... so now im on the pill, have been for 3 weeks the morning nausea has gone, the only nausea i still get every now n again is from the bloatin i get, now as ofmonday on new pills. they seem to be working on the bloating and pain, but i get so frustrated that im still not right, i miss seeing my mates, miss eatin out, but im now petrified to do that because i fear something bad will happen, its totally irrational because when i first became really ill i was at home...... lol so somedays i feel uber good n today i dnt feel as good

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any more for anymore?? i need ideas, oh and i fogot to say i was a trainee car repairer/sprayer and im missin that alot so my poor van is on my drive way half modded lol which also agrivates me alot because im havin no luck findin a new job

·
Registered
976 Posts
I find it hard to keep finding things to keep busy, I am at home all day, I suffer with ibs-D with urgency every day, no breaks from it at all, I had a nervous breakdown in the new year and its made the ibs-d worse. I could find lots to do outside the house to keep busy, but because I have ibs-D its difficult to get out and about. There is only so many times you can clean and polish things and cook and iron, I do puzzles aqnd sew and do tapestry, but find the mind going on to think about the ibs-d so much.I have so much time to just think and dwell on my problems which dont help. Ive just started CBT and hoping it will help. Sorry Ive no answers to help .

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awh sorry to hear that hun, ah ur form uk too bout 100miles from me tho lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been 'trapped' in the house more often than not over the last ten years. One thing that's kept me going is internet forums. I'm a PC builder enthusiast, and I'm always eager to learn and share knowledge about PC technology. I'm also a longtime PC gamer and a wannabe game modder. (i stink at it, but its fun to learn
)I've joined several forums over the years and have enjoyed participating in the hardware/software forums, be it for PCs or gaming. Ya, i know, a digital social life is not equal to a real life one, but it beats nothing. Its kept my mind sharp, and even being able to help others with PC/gaming issues made me feel useful. I've lost track of time, and gotten my mind off my issues, for hours at a clip when I'd get heavily involved in interesting topics/discussions or a particularly complex issue. Good times, actually. And I've made some pretty decent digital friends that've kept in touch.So if you have a hobby/passion, or a wish to learn something entirely new, consider looking into a forum(s) with like-minded folks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh im on car forums, but that involves meetin peeps which is my fave but recently ive become nervous because of it all

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's a pretty complex 'hobby' -modding cars. Not really a hobby as I understand it, more of a passion. I'm a total moron with cars, just the basics, but I can change a tire and my own oil. Ha! Not too shabby for a middle aged woman. My younger brother had a '64 Mustang that he tricked all out. Won quite a few local drag races with it too, back in the day. My dad spent much time and money restoring (by the numbers, of course!) an old '50 something Ford pickup. What a beauty when he finished! Even my mother was into the amateur racing circuit in her 20's. She had a cousin that raced locally and she helped out in the pit, and so I have her to thank for what little knowledge of auto maintainance I now have. A cousin of mine did well enough to buy a Lamborghini some time back. Whoa, what a machine! The dashboard had so many readouts it was more like a jet's cockpit. I may not be a wise car enthusiast but I can appreciate a gorgeous car when I see one.I can understand your reluctance to go to meets and such, at least for now when your symptoms are flaring. Why not hit some car modding troubleshooting forums? You could likely stay sharp by expanding your knowledge, and no doubt you could be of assistance to newbies in the hobby. Stay active as best you can, try not to withdraw from life too much -bad for your spirit. Good days will come around again.PS- I sure could've used your advice two years ago concerning my beloved '88 LeSabre. Had a rebuilt engine with only 45,000 on it and ran like a top. Had a touring package, great ride/handling -cruised at 85mph with OD on, which gave me a surprising 32mpg. The poor body was just decaying in front of my eyes though. I miss that car. *tear*

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
been driving 4 years as im 22 and been on the car forums for 5 years, so i met alot of friends there! just not seen themin the last few months and show season here (uk) is pretty much overnow as its winter! wow a mustang! sweeetttttt american cars are so much better than english cars lol there is a pic of my rideint eh lounge!

·
Community Manager
13,177 Posts
hi pealeawent over to the lounge to check out your photos---wow--love them--absolutely gorgeous! you really have talent. with terrific skills like that you'll find a job soon--very impressive.and yes, like others have mentioned i've found it does help to have something absorbing to take one's mind off the pain and nausea. i had a lot of nausea the other day. it kept bothering me all morning while doing housework--guess that wasn't absorbing enough. but then i was able to settle down and work on some intricate (for me at least) crochet and about forty minutes later i noticed my nausea was gone.good luck to you. hope you feel better and that you find a new job soon. thanks for posting the pics!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comment
Im not sure what job im to have atm, im just looking for anything as the recession has been hard on everyone! my picture takingand car modifications are just hobbies but both are costing money atm and my JSA isnt enough to fund for my car especially! am not seen as priority as still live at home with my parents

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey all,,I am an IBS-d sufferer with a bit of time on my hands too as I am unemployed, I stay sane by getting out of the house late arvos to take the dog out, near where i live puppy parks are always crowded so its kinda social,,,, got the dog from the pound and she is really cool, otherwise airbrushing, learning the guitar, things like that can be good to take mind of things when i am feeling especially pieved

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That sounds good mrbumwe! i mean i went shopping today but i still couldnt take my mind of my bloat
i was in pain round the shops it wasnt nice, but i was with my bf.. i had a mega late night last night and the really didnt help first day in a week ive been up late n feel #### for it, felt sick for most of the day so far, and its 315pm atm n still feeling off even though ive been nibbling on food to try n take my mind off it, just a reall pain sometimes i really dnt feel normal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts