Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was finially diagnosed a few weeks ago, any advice? Im in school to be a massage therapist and we know that will be a great help and exercise. He goes to see a DR who specializes in this and we have heard great things about him. can any of you list all of your symptoms, just curious.

·
Registered
603 Posts
hi allin,symtoms tend to be fairly different for each individual person,but her goes:1)sleep disturbence,2)thinking disturbences,in a manner of speaking(fibro fog)3)pain in muscle and joint4)odd sensations in body(eletricity running through it seems to be common)5)sensitivity,sometimes even my closes hurt my skin6)well,my capasity for thinking has expired.i`ll let someone else take over from here.welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Good job Denny!! This is a really hard question to answer. I think it would be much easier to ask "What still feels normal?" The symptoms are so many, and so varied, it's impossible to list them all. Denny did a good job. I can share what my most bothersome symptoms TODAY are:fatigue, pain (an all over achy feeling), headache and mental fog. But the nature of Fibro means that tomorrow I'll probably have different symptoms than today. I think it's great that you're trying to learn about Fibro for your husband! What a nice wife!
(oh yeah, and welcome to the forum!!
)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hi Allinknots and welcome to the fm board. Sounds like you are a caring and compassionate wife and that is what your husband definitely needs. The more support he can get from family & friends the better he will be able to cope with this. I love massages and find that it helps me tremendously. Squrts & Mrs. M have described many of the symptoms. I find that I am also sensitive to hot and cold temps. I try not to get myself cold, cover up and keep warm at all possible. A few things to add to the list is IBS, anxiety & depression. Sounds like your hubby is on the right track with having a good doctor. Many of us have gone through doctors and tests that it would make your head spin. Did your husband go through the same thing? Please remind him to pace himself and take time to rest. Take care and let us know how you are both doing.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
No prob Denny...You were probably so tired you forgot it!!
Good call Weener!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.