Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyoneI went in to see hubby today and he seemed much improved. Most of the blockages are cleared, and if they manage to clear the rest this week, he may be able to come home at the end of the week or on the weekend. They are going to make sure they have him on a sustainable regime, and give me instructions on what to do if problems occur. The main issue being that if he gets C again, and can't keep fluids down they have found that his kidneys shut down within 24 hours. If that happens he needs urgent iv fluids, and intervention to clear C before the situation turns critical again .. the whole thing has been so scary. The most frustrating thing is that I have been telling them and telling them that something is wrong for months now, and they have assumed that I am burned out and not coping. Getting doctors who think they now EVERYTHING to listen is so hard! They don't think of the fact that I have been caring for hubby at home for the last 13 years and have seen him through so many near death crises that I am the best judge of whether there is something brewing. Maybe now they will finally listen to me. Here's hoping!!Kristy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Pat and CookieThanks for your encouragement. Pat .. when hubby is in hospital I spend a lot of time with my daughter and grand child ... other than that I rarely get out. As for getting out purely to enjoy myself .. once a month my daughter and I go to bingo. That's about it ...... can't remember the last time I did something just for me.Kristy

·
Registered
264 Posts
Perhaps you could make some time for yourself ?? I know it must be difficult but maybe if you could tell yourself to put aside one hour a day when perhaps you could listen to some music.. read a book.. give yourself a beauty treatment.. Just something to remind you you are worth looking after as well.... I am sure it is great being with your grandaughter but I would hazard a guess that u spend a lot of time running around after her ?
You obviously have a very strong love for your husband after caring for him for all these years... use some of it on yourselfJust trying to help :love:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Hi Kristy,Your husband is lucky to have such a wonderful caretaker in you. I know what you mean about the doctors. It does get old dealing with them and their egos, doesn't it? I am thinking of you and hope that your husband continues to progress in his recovery.Stacey

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyoneThanks UKPat, CookieD Stace and Marier for your encouragement. I posted a detailed update under my posting "things going from bad to worse ..... getting depressed" ... Pat : thanks also for the message you sent!Kristy

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Kristy, So glad he has improved and I sure hope you both can get a decent rest soon.BQ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.