Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone get these sounds and feelings? What is it? I cant take it anymore. There is some relief after a BM. It even comes before I eat with no food in my stomach. I am keeping a food diary and I found even if I eat the same foods that gave me a sucessful week once, doesnt work this week. Squeak, puff, fart, gurgle, hum.....

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Sure. It is quite common for some of us.What is it you ask?? As far as I'm concerned it is just part of having IBS. LOL It could be just the way things are being processed in there. Other people have noisy stomachs too.. even those without IBS. But our guts are doing their thing and some do it more loudly than others.Also you may be experiencing an increase of this if you recently began a probiotic. Sometimes I have read here that can happen.. but it does wane off from what folks say. Also if you have increased your fiber intake.. you could also experience this for a time til your system gets used to the increase in fiber.Have you read this yet?http://hopkins-gi.nts.jhu.edu/pages/latin/...se=43&lang_id=1I'd bookmark it and peruse it at leisure but it has a ton of info and may answer some of your questions.Also another idea to help you... just pop in a phrase of any subject you are interested into the "Find" and do a search of the BB. BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
BB = Bulletin Board. (As in the IBSGroup.org aka here.
)Well that John's Hopkins link I gave ya is a bit verbose but I found it fairly easy to understand. (Then again.. after being on this BB for what?? 6 and half years.. I have gotten a bit better at reading studies, abstracts and other kinda scientific/biologic/medical stuff,etc. LOL Not that I can use any of it in polite social circles.. lol However once in a while I get that raised eyebrow look from people who are going through some GI diagnostics themselves for either routine stuff or investigative in nature and they are struggling to tell me what it is they are having done and I'll say "Oh, You mean a HidaScan??" And they look like.. "How would you know this stuff??" LOL
)But the experience I have gained, such as it is, from reading all of this kinda stuff does come in handy for trying to manage IBS and understand IBS as best I can. Here, you may find this one in a bit more of "plain" English.http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs03.htmAlso this one is pretty good too:http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/ibs_ez/I have found that truly with IBS knowledge is power. The more I learn, the better I am able to help myself. Trust me if there was a quick fix like a magic pill or something.. I'd be first in line. But there isn't.. so we are largely left to our own devices to manage our symptoms. Until science can find out all it needs to, to rectify whatever is going wrong in there.. the best we can do is manage the symptoms we have. And that management may mean a combination of any one or all of the following: medications, lifestyle/dietary changes, supplements, vitamins, herbs, exercise alternative treatments, hypnotherapy, cognitive behavior therapy.. etc>>>But at least one thing is for sure... we got guts and sometimes.. we got loud guts. So we walk proud!
BQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.