Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is gonna sound soooo lame, especially to all the mum's and wives out there who have to run a household etc, but i find it scary to go to unfamiliar places, crowded places and to go on my own is a total no-go. Since i got IBS i have been worried, as most of you have, to go anywhere at all. This has escalated to anxiety attacks etc. Tonight i said "Bugger it! I'm not gonna let this IBS #### run my life!"For the first time in 2 years, stomach cramping and screaming at me, vision blurring and head spinning i went to Tesco (big place!!) ON MY OWN and did the weekly shopping!!!!Didn't think i was gonna make it, but by God, i came out of there within an hour, no passing out and with 6 bags of shopping!!!!Now i feel very sick!! He heRaise your glasses..."To the first of many shopping trips!" I'm rather proud!
Lisa

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yay! That's great. Sometimes we just have to face our fears. I too get afraid of leaving the house at times, but sometimes you just have to make yourself. I'm glad you did it! Now, put your feet up, have a nice hot cup of tea (herbal if you wish, maybe peppermint to calm your tummy) and revel in your success

G

·
Lisa - don't belittle yourself - I'm a pretty upbeat sort of girl but Tesco in Handforth Dean (south of Manchester) scares the bejaysus out of me - I'll do anything to avoid shopping. Thank the lord for Sainsbugs online.Good on you girl!!Sue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.