Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

hunger pains x100000 !!!!

913 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Bunny 
G
#1 ·
hey, just wanted to ask if anyone else had this - if i skip a meal, or dont eat much, you know when u feel hungry and stomach rumbles etc... (i have been diagnosed with ibs by the way!) mine seems to be accentuated, also with a bit of pain, like mega hunger pangs!? does anyone else get this, its like ibs has sort of exaggerated everything!

#5 ·
Hi Miss-Kitty, I have to kinda graze all day the hunger pains are terrible at least as bad as the ibs. Even though I do not want to eat the pains make it necessary. I foung that a couple of crackers or rice cakes during the day helps. With everything that goes on with my body if I am not eating something then I am taking some kind of medicine. Good Luck

#4 ·
Hi Miss-Kitty, I have to kinda graze all day the hunger pains are terrible at least as bad as the ibs. Even though I do not want to eat the pains make it necessary. I foung that a couple of crackers or rice cakes during the day helps. With everything that goes on with my body if I am not eating something then I am taking some kind of medicine. Good Luck

#6 ·
Not eating can contribute to the amount of pressure exerted on the colon during contrations, one of the reasons they recommend fiber. Also perhaps with no food in the gut, more water then food particles are being sent through and hence some of the gurgling sounds of liquid, although some of the sounds are the muscles contrating themselves.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

#7 ·
Not eating can contribute to the amount of pressure exerted on the colon during contrations, one of the reasons they recommend fiber. Also perhaps with no food in the gut, more water then food particles are being sent through and hence some of the gurgling sounds of liquid, although some of the sounds are the muscles contrating themselves.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

#9 ·
I get that also, sometimes I can feel spasms in the top of my stomach. Crackers and bread work best for me. When I'm working I keep crackers at my desk and usually bring bread with my lunch.Mine's gotten better since I changed my diet to no sugar, fruit, or onions (my triggers), but I still get hunger pangs occasionally. It happens more often during my period, I take that to be my body's way of saying it needs more food. I'm not arguing...

#8 ·
I get that also, sometimes I can feel spasms in the top of my stomach. Crackers and bread work best for me. When I'm working I keep crackers at my desk and usually bring bread with my lunch.Mine's gotten better since I changed my diet to no sugar, fruit, or onions (my triggers), but I still get hunger pangs occasionally. It happens more often during my period, I take that to be my body's way of saying it needs more food. I'm not arguing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.