Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone else experiencing the BURNING hunger pain? This is a new thing recently and I also get a sick tummy with it. I can't decide if something else is up or if I am just so hungry my body is in sick mode.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have had the feeling many times. If I ignore the hunger, that pain comes on and it makes me sweat sometimes. Then I feel sick and get lots of gas. I think it caused by the stomach acids and the only way to stop it is to eat..Hope this helps.,Sue

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but eating is icky. i am really beginning to hate this. i was warned about this but it's coming with cramps, naseau, and whatnot. ICK!!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Do you get the hunger after several hours of not eating, or do you get it even if you recently ate?It is normal to get hunger pains when you fast. But you can have gastritis that sets you up for hunger like sensations that occur even when you eat regularly.When I do not have gastritis (and the IBS was bad) I find that not eating sets me up for much worse symptoms than eating did.I can deal with a crampy bowel movement after I eat much more than throwing up bile, but that is me
Not eating is NOT a solution. You don't eat you may set your GI tract up for worse problems. We have plenty of people here who even after they got over an eating disorder find that the GI tract is not back to normal. That and chronic malnutrition is never a good or healthy thing and will make ALL of your health problems worse in the long run.Have you been to the doctor about this?What treatment options have they given you?If they don't give you treatment options FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR.K.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been told to eat but I don't want to. I don't do well with the nasuea that sets in after I eat. In fact, I would rather eat very very little to keep that down then eat anything and deal with that.You can take a horse to water but you can't make them drink. And since I am not acting upon the sick feeling, I am not too worried about hurting anything beyond my waist size. However, I will be sick if I eat.To answer your other questions. I only actually feel hunger in the morning, I do have a muffin at that point, and during the afternoon if then.Blood work shows I am on the up and up. I do have this done every 6 mths to a year. So doc is not worried too much about malnutrition yet...especially since I eat a lot of veggies and fruits. Proteins on the other hand...

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Does taking anything for the nausea help.OTC like dramaine or other "motion sickness" pills or have you tried a prescription anti-nausea drug.,Is it that you feel full, bloate and urpy after you eat?For some people taking digestive enzymes (I only get that way with certain medicine combos and I can get full very fast and feel urpy afterwards with small amonts of food, and I use Enzyme Digestant from GNC with that) with meals can help somewhat.K.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have had similar problems in the past. You could try a tums or two, they always help settle my stomach. That way you could at least avoid eating.But I agree with others, you must eat. And if you can eat small meals often, that might help. If you can get your GI system to work continuously normal by eating small meals, it might jerk your system back into line.Good luck.Tom

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm taking clidinium/cdp for the naseau and it helps but doesn't totally eliminate it.For instance, I just ate a container of single serving yogurt and my tummy is churning. Not as bad mind you with the meds but it still does it. I have about 2 days of normalacy before the sickness is there again. I can't take meds like tums, pepto, etc. The warning of "if you have reactions to asprin don't use" I listen to. Don't care to be back in the ER for that one.Now I have thought that perhaps my body is hungry but due to the IBS isn't telling me and therefore I am ill when maybe I shouldn't be. But then again I don't know if I am right in this or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts