Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, not sure i am doing this right...let me know if i should be doing something different. I am a sahm of 2 girls. My husband is the only one working and due to his condition misses 1-2 days of unpayed work...this is very hard on us. I am trying to find something else he could try.About 2 yrs. ago he was told his gallbladder was bad and had it removed. Then when the symptoms weren't better, his dr. diagnosed irritable bowel. all he is on is loperamide which says it is equivilent to immodium. This helps sometimes. Any ideas for meds. to suggest to the dr., coping ideas to get him through it, anything would be greatly appreciated! We just seem to be getting nowhere. Not sure if he should see another dr. this was his primary dr. The gastro dr. said the primary could hadle it.Thanks for listening...Shannon

·
Registered
341 Posts
Definately watch what he eats.He may already do that though.No greasy,fatty foods.Pasta,rice and potatoes may help.Also an antispasmatic med may help along with the imodium like levbid.Prescription lomotil may help too.Bananas in the morning might help bind things up a bit too. :love:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Since your husband had his gallbladder removed, he may be having bile salt diarrhea. Have him ask his doctor to try him on Questran to see if that alleviates the problem. I think there are several long threads on the diarrhea discussion board that address diarrhea following gallbladder removal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.