Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a hydrogen breath test today. An easy test but borrring!....I felt quite bloated after the test , but have a question for anyone who knows how these scores are graded:My breath sample results were: 001, 003, 015, 008, 006, 005, 008, 006 . Can anyone tell me how these are scored and what is considered high and low for SIBO? I am very curious. Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do they do these tests in the uk? I'm really interested in SIBO, it sounds like something I should definitely be tested for.
I think they have stopped doing them in the UK.They just go straight to colonoscopy.SIBO is one of the many frustrating chicken and egg situations that comes with IBS. Even if you have SIBO you need to find out what has caused it. If you dont find the underlying cause then you can get rid of the bacteria with antibiotics but it will return. IBS may cause SIBO rather than the other way around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.